1. Definitions and Parties
This is a legal document between the administrator of GaijinPot Jobs, GPlusMedia Inc. herein referred to as ‘GPlus’, and the users of the site herein referred as to ‘users’.
GPlus is committed to protecting the privacy of the site’s users. This commitment is demonstrated in the structure of the database, programming, and the use of encrypted pages for the transfer of sensitive data.
Users are assumed to use this site at their own discretion and responsibility.
In this document users will find about:
- Personal information and collection process
- Use of information
- Disclosure of personal information
- Personal information protection measures
- Users’ ability to modify their personal information
Should you have any question, feel free to send us an inquiry.
This site’s content is visible to everybody. However, in order to use certain features, users have to register providing the following personal information:
In order to build resumes to apply to jobs, users have to provide the following personal information:
- Birth date
- Country and state of residence
- Closest train station
- Phone number
- Visa status
Other non-personal information is required to build a resume such as:
- Language skills
When posting their resumes, users can control the level of visibility by choosing to:
- keep their resume private. Employers will never be able to look at these resumes unless submitted directly by the users.
- make their resumes open to resume search. Employers will be able to look at such resumes and send invitations. However, users’ personal information and last employer information will not be disclosed.
The level of visibility of a resume can be changed at any time by the user.
4. Other Information Sources
In order to enhance the quality of the site and to facilitate the users’ navigation, GPlus collects other information from users’ traffic through the following methods:
- Log files
- Web beacons
5. Use of Information
In accordance with the selected level of visibility chosen by each user as explained in section 2, GPlus will use the information for the following purposes only:
- For statistical research
- To ask users to update their information
- To identify users using the site’s features including resume posting and job application
- To contact users by email about the site’s updates
- To contact users by email about available positions
- To enable employers to use the resume search
6. Disclosure of Personal Information
Users’ personal information is never disclosed to third parties except in the following cases:
- If ordered by governmental authorities
- If it is required by law
7. Information Protection Measures
GPlus’s internal privacy and security policies are reviewed on a regular basis. GPlus staff receive training on information protection measures.
Internally, only authorized personal are allowed to consult personal information for specific purposes.
8. Modification of Personal Information
Users can modify or delete their personal information anytime.
Should you need assistance to do so, please contact GPlus through contact form.