We are looking for a full-time native English teacher for our English After School Program as well as to help with dispatch lessons in Takasaki.
Our ideal candidate is someone who...
- works well with elementary school age students and is able to build a friendly rapport with students
- has a solid foundation of teaching skills such as: making lesson plans, managing students in the classroom, being creative and making lessons interesting for students, being flexible and open to new ideas to help students learn, etc.
- has previous teaching experience and is confident about teaching elementary-age children either with a Japanese assistant or on their own
- genuinely enjoys teaching English and is interested in English education in Japan
- works well in a flexible work environment and is willing to try and adapt to new teaching styles and lesson plans
- Teach English to elementary-age children at the Spectrum After School Office
- Substitute for dispatch lessons (lessons at locations other than the company office). Dispatch lesson students age range from kindergarten to adults
- Create original lesson plans for students of various English ability levels
- Plan and assist with special events (typically once a month) ex. Halloween, Easter, etc.
- Play with, support, and oversee students during the After School Program hours
- Help create any necessary teaching materials, documents, etc.
**Training and support assistance will be given to qualified candidates who may not have experience in some of these areas.
Work Hours / Vacation:
- Full-time staff must work a total of 40 hours per week - typically 8 hours per day.
- The work time is somewhat flexible depending on your preferences.
- For example: 10AM-7PM or 12PM-9PM.
- Vacation time includes weekends and all national holidays.
- Company health insurance
- Public transportation costs will be covered
- For those with a private vehicle: a set expense limit will be determined by the company
Spectrum is looking for someone passionate about teaching and who is willing to accept new challenges as we work to grow and expand our business in Gunma. If you enjoy working with kids, like to be creative and incorporate your own ideas into lesson plans, and want to experience a beautiful, more traditional area of Japan - then this might be the perfect position for you.
Please provide a cover letter along with your resume. We look forward to hearing from you soon.
© 2019 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.