Educational Network Inc. (E-Staff Tokyo) seeks educators to be placed as Language Teachers (ALTs) in schools across the Kanto area. Applicants for the available positions should be enthusiastic about teaching the English language to Japanese high school students and should have a desire to help them learn about the culture, customs and other points of interest of other countries.
This particular opening is only available to international students currently studying at Japanese universities. The position involves assisting the main teachers at a summer camp for high school students that will take place close to Takao in Western Tokyo.
The dates and working hours of the course are:
-August 16th and 17th.
-Working Hours: Aug 16th (8:45am - 9:00pm) / Aug 17th (8:30am - 3:00pm)
- Lunch and dinner breaks will be included. (Dinner on the 16th is a barbeque around a camp fire)
-Accommodation will be provided at the venue on the evening of the 16th.
The position involves:
- Assisting the main teachers with the smooth running of the two day programme.
- Taking part in games and activities with the students.
- Introducing and talking about your culture.
- Cooking with the students.
- Helping students prepare and deliver a presentation.
- Helping students to learn and practice debating skills in English.
- Helping to provide the students with an opportunity to expand their knowledge of other countries and think on a global scale.
- 30,000 Yen (total for the two days)
- Reimbursement of commuting expenses (up to 3,000 Yen)
-Must be a fluent speaker of English. (Any nationality acceptable)
-Must currently be enrolled as an international student at a Japanese university.
-Must be currently residing in the Kanto area and have permission to engage in paid employment. (Please don't apply if you don't satisfy this requirement)
-Must be able to work well and energetically with high school students.
-Must be able to commit to both days of the course.
In the case of applicants from non native English speaking countries, please submit your TOEIC / TOEFL score when you apply for this position.
We are looking forward to hearing from you.
*Please note that in the case of a high number of applications we may not be able to respond in person to each and every candidate. We apologise for this and thank you for your understanding.
© 2019 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.