ABOUT THE SCHOOL
Gunma Felice Academy was founded in 2004 by Christians and is an accredited Kindergarten and Elementary by the Japan Ministry of Education. We aim to provide a quality education based on Christian principles. Felice is located in Gunma prefecture, about 100km north of Tokyo.
Currently we are seeking teachers who are interested in Japan, its culture, and working with Japanese people. We seek teachers who are patient, friendly, and flexible. Successful applicants will have excellent communication skills and be eager to learn new things. They must be team players who proactively support their colleagues, and are thoughtful and considerate of others. They must also be able to respond to positive and negative feedback. A position at Felice involves working with children from preschool age through elementary; teachers must therefore be active and enthusiastic.
Monday – Friday, 8:30 AM. – 3:25 PM (30 hours/week)
Meetings regularly happen after working hours (approx. 1-2 per month)
Events occasionally fall on weekends or public holidays. (approx. 5 per year)
• Native level English speaker
• Bachelor's degree or higher from an English speaking country
• Certified Elementary license is highly favorable
• Teaching experience with young children preferred.
• Be able to work for a minimum of one year.
• TESOL, TEFL, or CELTA experience (at least 120 hours) or equivalent certificate is favorable
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Previous classroom teaching experience
• Previous experience working with children
• Enjoyment working with children
• Flexible to changes in schedule or routines
• Honest, hardworking, flexible and dedicated individual who has a warm and energetic personality
• College/University Diploma(s)
• Copy of Teaching Certificate
Kindergarten Classroom Teacher (ages 3-5)
• Homeroom teacher for 20 students, responsible for lesson planning, prepping and grading of all students in your class.
• Maintain a clean classroom environment. Decorate walls and classroom appropriate for children, the current season, holiday and/or subject of study. Sweep and clean classroom daily.
• Prepare and distributes children’s materials and letters to parents.
• Preparation for crafts and activities are the teacher’s responsibility.
• Teach students following the company`s curriculum and teaching methodology effectively, offering attractive lessons for student
• Evaluate students
• Complete and update daily teaching records
• Perform other duties as assigned for events and training
• Memorize and master the GrapeSEED curriculum, which includes chants, songs and stories.
• Teach children to listen, speak, read and write in English using GrapeSEED standard teaching techniques (training provided) along with any materials teachers create or find.
• Learn, assess, and implement teaching techniques provided by GrapeSEED curriculum training, training, and/or as advised by supervisor.
• Play actively with children outside daily: running, using playground equipment, games, and balls.
• Maintain a safe environment through constant visual supervision, intervene physically in emergency situations, including, if necessary, carrying an injured child to a place of safety.
• Attend required staff meetings, seminars and other activities
• Participate in team meetings, sharing knowledge, experiences and ideas among team members.
We have many exciting events throughout the year:
• Spring Camp
• Summer School
• Christmas Party and Concert
• Sports Day Festival
• Jamboree Bazaar
• Staff Only Parties
As well as Japanese traditional seasonal events like:
• Mochi (rice cake) Making
• Children's Day festivals
• Salary: Full-time native English teachers: JPY 250,000 ~ 300,000/month
• Contract renewal bonus
• Kokumin Hoken (National insurance) (70%coverage)
• Consecutive working hours (no split shifts)
• 10 sick/personal leave days, in addition to national holidays (approximately 12).
• Summer vacation 10 days, Winter vacation approximately 5 days, Spring vacation approximately 3days.
• Paid training
• Airfare and moving allowance reimbursement upon arriving in Japan (for teachers outside of Japan)
• Japanese Language (Free)
• Furnished/Non-furnished apartments available. Additional cost (￥4000) for furnished apartments
• Rent ranges from ￥50000 - ￥60000 per month
• Employees are responsible for their own utilities
• Cleaning fee of ￥10000
• A single apartment generally consists of 1LDK roughly 30 meters squared
The above information is a public job ad. This job ad is neither an offer nor a contract.
© 2019 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.