GKC (Global Kids Club) is currently looking for experienced, enthusiastic and creative teachers to work full time in our after school English immersion programs in Kyoto, starting in April 2019.
GKC is not a conversation school, but an ‘all English Gakudo’ where students aged between 4 and 12 can:
- Interact with native speakers and learn through play during free time.
- Study all four language skills in English lessons,
- Learn about the world through various subjects such as music, art, science and social studies, all in English.
Teachers play an active part in all of the above, and if there is something that you are passionate about, we encourage you to tell the students about it. The students’ language ability ranges from complete beginner to those who have lived overseas.
In a typical day, teachers:
- Prepare English lessons and activity classes based on the company curriculum.
- Play with children, while helping them to converse in English.
- Create activity lessons.
- Report on the students’ progress.
Work days are Monday to Friday, typically from 12:00 - 20:00, but spring, summer and winter vacation shifts are from 11:00 – 19:00. There are also occasional weekend meetings and events (Christmas, Halloween, etc).
Teachers will work at one or more of the schools in a fixed rotation. (For example, school A on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, school B on Thursday and Friday). Primary work location will depend on the teacher’s place of residence.
In return for your hard work, GKC can offer a generous remuneration package:
- Monthly salary of 270,000 yen for full time employees.
- A company share house is available in Kyoto for single employees.
- Full transportation reimbursement.
- Enrollment in national pension, health insurance and unemployment insurance schemes.
- 10 days paid vacation a year, increasing with every year worked.
- Visa sponsorship available.
Part time positions may also be available.
Please apply with your CV and a cover letter detailing your strengths as a teacher and why you are interested in working with children. Due to the number of applications, it may not be possible to reply to everyone.
The above information is a public job ad. This job ad is neither an offer nor a contract.
© 2019 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.