Educational Network Inc. (E-Staff Tokyo) seeks educators to be placed as Language Teachers (ALTs) in schools across the Kanto area. Applicants for the available positions should be enthusiastic about teaching the English language to Japanese high school students and should have a desire to help them learn about the culture, customs and other points of interest of other countries.
This particular opening is only available to international students currently studying at Japanese universities. The position involves teaching students 12 times over a 6 month period (2 hour lesson each time) in order to help them prepare for a home-stay abroad. We are currently looking for about 8 teachers for the course.
The dates of the lessons are:
-September 19th, 26th
-October 10th, 31st
-December 5th, 19th
-January 9th, 23rd, 30th
The position involves:
- Teaching a group of co-ed students for 2 hours on a Wednesday from 5:15pm to 7:15pm at a top-level high school in southern Tokyo.
- The course is a home-stay preparation course and is designed to help the students get ready to go and build confidence before going abroad.
- The assistant teachers will be responsible for helping the students learn English for their time overseas in addition to teaching about various cultural aspects of studying abroad.
- Using the textbook "Go For It" to teach the students.
- Helping to provide the students with an opportunity to expand their knowledge of other countries and think on a global scale.
The current available position is as follows:
- Position: Part-time assistant English teacher at a high school in the south of Tokyo
- Working term: September, 2018 to March, 2019 (See actual dates listed above)
- Working Hours: 17:15 to 19:15 (Set 2 hour lesson)
- Break: 10 minute break during the 2 hours.
- 5,000 Yen per 2 hour class (12 times) (Total=60,000 Yen)
- Commuting expenses up to 600 Yen per day will be reimbursed. (Nearest station to the school is Machida)
-Must be a fluent speaker of English. (Any nationality acceptable)
-Must currently be enrolled as an international student at a Japanese university.
-Must be currently residing in the Kanto area and have a valid residence status that allows you to live and work in Japan. (Please don't apply if you don't satisfy this requirement)
-Must be able to work confidently within a Japanese work environment with tact, flexibility and
-Must be able to commit to all 12 classes during the duration of the home-stay course.
In the case of applicants from non native English speaking countries, please submit your TOEIC / TOEFL score when you apply for this position.
We are looking forward to hearing from you.
*Please note that in the case of a high number of applications we may not be able to respond in person to each and every candidate. We apologise for this and thank you for your understanding.
The above information is a public job ad. This job ad is neither an offer nor a contract.
© 2018 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.