K. International School Tokyo (KIST), an IB World School, was the first school in Tokyo and the Kanto region and the second school in Japan fully authorized to offer the International Baccalaureate's (IB) three inquiry-based programmes: Primary Years Programme (PYP), Middle Years Programme (MYP) and Diploma Programme (DP). Founded in 1997, almost all of its graduates have been successful in gaining entry to universities or colleges around the world, many with full or partial scholarships. In the 2016-2017 academic year, KIST students achieved an average score of 38 points out of a possible 45 in the IB Diploma making KIST the highest ranking school offering the IB Diploma in Japan. KIST is accredited by the Council of International Schools (CIS).
KIST is seeking a part-time, qualified School Nurse to join its office team from September 2017. The School Nurse is responsible for monitoring the health of students and staff at the school and for providing care to those who become sick or injured while at school according to established policies and procedures. The main duties of the School Nurse include:
- Providing health care services to students and staff.
- Providing basic first aid treatment to injured students and staff.
- Caring for sick students who visit the nurse's room.
- Contacting parents of students who become sick or injured at school.
- Accompanying sick or injured students to medical clinics (Japanese required).
- Inputting student data and emergency contacts into the database.
- Arranging the annual student health checks.
- Preparing documents on health matters.
- Performing other duties as requested.
Applications will be accepted from persons from any national background; however, communicative proficiency in both English and Japanese is essential. Applicants should have strong interpersonal and communication skills and a proven capacity to work collaboratively with colleagues. In addition, applicants should have a genuine interest in children and should be patient and flexible. IT skills are also essential.
Other requirements include:
- Qualification in nursing and/or pediatrics required
- Appropriate visa required (for non-Japanese nationals) (e.g. permanent resident, spouse or child of Japanese national, long-term resident)
- Prior experience working in public and/or school-based health care services (highly desirable)
- Prior experience working in an international environment (highly desirable)
This is a local hire position. Applications will only be accepted from persons currently living in Japan. Relocation and housing allowances are not provided.
The initial contract period will commence in September 2017 and continue through June 2018. An opportunity for annual contract renewal may be provided depending on appraised work performance and school needs.
Working hours are from 8:30 to 4:30 with 45 minutes total break time (30 minutes for lunch and 15 minutes for afternoon break), Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday. Occasional overtime work may be required.
Other benefits in addition to the hourly salary include:
- Reimbursement for commuter expenses up to a maximum of 1,000 per day.
- Annual paid leave (as per Japanese labor law regulations).
- Health insurance and employment insurance available.
- Meals subsidy.
Applications should contain:
1) A complete work resume in English and Japanese, including details of qualifications and relevant experience.
2) A cover letter outlining experience related to the position and explaining the specific aspects of KIST that interest you.
3) Contact details (e-mail preferred) for at least two recent professional references, including most recent supervisors.
4) A recent photograph.
5) Details of visa status and expiry.
The above information is a public job ad. This job ad is neither an offer nor a contract.
© 2018 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.