K. International School Tokyo (KIST), an IB World School, was the first school in Tokyo and the Kanto region and the second school in Japan fully authorized to offer the three inquiry-based IB programs: Primary Years Programme (PYP), Middle Years Programme (MYP) and Diploma Programme (DP). Founded in 1997, almost all of its graduates have been successful in gaining entry to universities or colleges around the world, many with full or partial scholarships. In the 2015-2016 academic year, KIST graduates achieved an average score of 37 points out of a possible 45 in the IB Diploma making KIST the highest ranking school offering the IB Diploma in Japan. KIST is accredited by the Council of International Schools (CIS) and is recognized as a school foundation by the Tokyo Metropolitan Government.
KIST is seeking a preschool teacher with Japanese preschool certification (hoikushi) for the current school year to join the instructional team at its separate preschool, K. International Preschool (KIPS), an in-house preschool facility located near Morishita station in Koto-ku.
Applications will be accepted from persons from any national background; however, native-level proficiency in English as well as communicative ability in Japanese is essential. Applicants should have strong interpersonal and communication skills and a proven capacity to work collaboratively within a team. In addition, applicants should have a genuine interest in children and should be patient and flexible. IT skills are also essential.
In addition to the monthly salary, benefits for teachers hired locally include:
- Reimbursement for commuter expenses up to a maximum of 40,000 yen/month.
- Annual personal leave (as scheduled by the school during school vacation periods).
- Annual personal leave (available after the initial three months).
- Special summer vacation leave of 4 weeks.
- Annual flight and summer allowances.
- Health insurance and unemployment insurance.
- Meals subsidy.
- Tuition discount for child dependents.
The initial contract period commences whenever a suitable candidate is found and continues through June 2018. Only teachers prepared to commit to this period should apply. An opportunity for contract renewal may be provided depending on appraised work performance and school needs. Working hours are organized in shifts of 8 hours per day with 60 minutes total break time, Monday through Friday. A number of Saturdays are also scheduled as mandatory working days throughout the year.
Applications must be complete and should contain:
1) A complete resume, including details of qualifications and relevant experience.
2) A cover letter outlining experience related to the position and explaining the specific aspects of KIST and KIPS that interest you.
3) A one-page statement outlining your personal philosophy of education.
4) Contact details for at least two recent professional references, including most recent supervisors.
5) A recent photograph.
6) Personal details, including information on any dependents.
7) Details of visa status and expiry (for non-Japanese nationals).
This is a local hire position. Applications will only be accepted from persons currently living in Japan. Relocation and housing allowances are not provided.
The above information is a public job ad. This job ad is neither an offer nor a contract.
© 2018 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.