Are you looking for the opportunity to work with a company that views instructors as valuable members of staff and offers them significant opportunities to develop beyond the classroom? Rosetta Stone Learning Center is looking for 4-day part-time instructors to join our highly skilled and motivated teaching team in Tokyo to contribute both in-school lessons and to our newly launched online learning platform.
Rosetta Stone Learning Center is an industry leader in terms of employee satisfaction and student focused lessons using world class learning technology.
We believe that the best customer service comes from having employees who are happy and well motivated in their jobs. Our unique ‘Customer Second’ philosophy enables motivated and dedicated instructors to excel in the classroom, while also having the opportunity to develop their careers in the fields of teaching, curriculum development, operations management, training, HR, and IT.
Furthermore, our policy of ’innovation not competition’ has enabled us to integrate technology more fully into our learning environment, both for instructors and students, and helped us to develop the proprietary Schoolmaster system. This provides in-depth technology support in areas like scheduling, lesson delivery, and student review. This year in coordination with our parent company Link and Motivation (ranked one of the top companies to work for in Japan) we will also be rolling out a new digital learning platform that will allow instructors working in Tokyo to deliver lessons to students nationwide.
We are looking for instructors with at least two years of teaching experience - preferably with adults in Japan - to contribute both in-school and online lessons. Full training will be provided. Having taught lessons online before is considered a strong plus as are qualifications and certifications. Our lessons are student focussed and aim to build communicative ability, so a flexible and motivational classroom attitude is also a definite plus. The online lessons require regular coordination with on-site staff nationwide so will also require either a strong conversational (JLPT N3) level of Japanese or clear progress towards one. Finally, we look to take people on for long-term careers with us so have a preference for candidates with a demonstrable commitment to Japan.
- Fixed schedule of 4 days per week. 1 or 2 weekend days plus 2 or 3 weekdays (32 lessons a week)
- Fixed monthly salary of 230,000 to 235,000 Japanese Yen
- Transportation allowance
- 7 paid holidays per year plus paid school closures (Golden Week, Obon, Christmas / New Year)
- Orientation training (2 days) followed by ongoing training programme
- Access to management training programme
- Significant opportunities for career development and advancement
- Option to supplement schedule with additional freelance lessons
- Strong teaching ability with at least two years of experience, preferably to adults in Japan.
- A high energy, engaging and motivating classroom manner.
- Flexible mindset and approach to the classroom with a willingness to adapt to our learning model.
- A good knowledge of English with the ability to explain, model, or demonstrate key concepts in an easy to understand manner.
- A good understanding of Japanese learners.
- Either a strong conversational level of Japanese or a clearly demonstrable progress towards one.
- A good fit with our corporate culture - humble, willing to learn, flexible, fast thinking.
- A demonstrable long term commitment to Japan.
Are you ready to join the team?
If you are humble, willing to learn, flexible, and ready to join the team then please submit your application along with a cover letter stating your reasons for wanting to work with us.
We will be accepting applications until October with a preference for those candidates who can start soon. Please note that due to the volume of applications we may not be able to respond to all emails or requests for information. Please use the application function on this website rather than calling the schools directly as the staff there will not be able to process your application.
The above information is a public job ad. This job ad is neither an offer nor a contract.
© 2017 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.