Yaruki Switch Group is currently looking for energetic and dedicated Native English teachers for our Kids Duo schools in the Greater Tokyo area! (Tokyo, Kanagawa, Chiba etc.)
The most populous metropolitan area in the world, Tokyo and its surrounding municipalities truly need no introduction – this bustling, vibrant city is known the world-over for its uncanny balance of ultramodern and historical antiquity. Other than its awe-inspiring skyscrapers or its ancient temples and shrines, many first-timers are particularly taken aback by Tokyo’s cleanliness, as well as its inhabitants’ welcoming & friendly demeanor despite the area’s enormous size and population. Those who decide to make Tokyo their more permanent home enjoy all the conveniences, variety, and diversity the city has come to be known by – not to mention its historically rich culture and atmosphere.
In reality, the term ‘city’ is actually a bit of a misnomer when it comes to describing the nation’s capital; rather than one unified metropolis, Tokyo is comprised of 23 special subcities, or ‘wards’ - each with their own unique atmosphere and culture. In addition to Tokyo proper, the surrounding areas of Chiba, Saitama, and Kanagawa all provide their own unique flavor and history as well, and are home to many who work and socialize in the city. These more suburban regions can be a welcome break from downtown Tokyo’s hustle and bustle, yet still provide convenient and speedy access to the city thanks to Japan’s renowned train infrastructure - with a cheaper cost of living as well.
No matter where you choose to spend your time, it does not take long to see what makes Greater Tokyo one of, if not the most, unique places in the world!
Benefits & Compensation
- Starting salary of ￥250,000/month. (Career advancement opportunities available.)
- Teachers receive fully-paid comprehensive initial training, during which accommodation and transportation reimbursement can be provided if necessary.
- Usable and transferable experience & skills gained via regular teaching workshops held throughout the year.
- Ten paid vacation days a year (after 6 months of service), in addition to national holidays.
- Work-related commuting costs reimbursed.
- Social Security & Health Insurance provided.
- Visa sponsorship opportunities available, overseas applicants welcome!
- Regular working hours fall within the hours of 9:00 – 20:30, 5 days a week (generally Monday through Friday.)
- Typical shifts include 9:30-18:30, 10:00-19:00, 11:00-20:00, etc.
- Working shifts are 9 hours per day; this means 8 working hours and a 1-hour lunch break.
- Occasional Special Events held on Saturdays & Sundays (Open Schools, Spelling Bees, Recitals, etc.)
The Kids Duo Method
Kids Duo represents a fresh new approach to the language learning process, focusing on creating a solid foundation of enthusiasm and self-confidence in speaking via interactive games and activities. Our motto is “Play in English, Learn in English,” and with this mentality in mind we strive to create a fun, safe, and comfortable environment in which our students learn usable, real life English – often without even realizing it!
As a Native English Teacher, you are the centerpiece of a Kids Duo school. Kids Duo teachers work with their school's Japanese Bilingual staff, administrative staff, and other Kids Duo teacher to coordinate and conduct fun and interactive lessons in which students can practice speaking and interacting in a 100% English environment. While Kids Duo has a set curriculum, teachers are actively encouraged to grow and expand on these foundations to create truly unique and personalized lessons; allowing ample creative freedom to inject passion and enthusiasm into your class. No one day is the same at Kids Duo, and you can expect to cover a broad variety of subjects including Music & Dance, Science, Social Studies, and Arts & Crafts - all of which are conducted in English, allowing students to be exposed to a plethora of unique and valuable English vocabulary.
For more details, please visit our homepage from the Company Profile to the right.
*While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted. *
The above information is a public job ad. This job ad is neither an offer nor a contract.
© 2019 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.