We are the local leader in standardized test preparation (SAT, ACT, SSAT, ISEE, and more). Our team hails from varied and elite backgrounds, from the top universities in the world, to top corporate research labs, and tech companies in Japan, global financial institutions, and management consulting firms. Located in the hub of Roppongi, we offer you a truly international environment with colleagues from the USA, Japan, Australia, UK, India, and more.
Our Teacher Trainer is the person in charge of maintaining and improving the quality of education at Tokyo Academics. From grades and tests scores to student-teacher relationships, the Teacher Trainer is responsible for student-teacher performance, parent satisfaction, alignment to international standards, and overall quality of learning, across elementary, middle, and high school education.
- Track and advance students’ learning progress, milestones, and outcomes
- Ensure the use of best teaching practices and curriculum
- Identify and deploy “best fit” curriculum to improve lessons and classes
- Leverage the internal software and deploy additional software for teachers
- Train tutors to “upskill” across multiple subjects for both individual lessons and group classes
- Observe and deliver feedback for in-person and online lessons and classes
- Broaden the age and skill ranges that tutors can support
- Monitor and align to world-class standards of education
- Mentor peers on course creation
- Teaching and mentoring high school, middle school, and elementary students both one-on-one and in classes
- Participating in and developing innovative courses
- Managing the cases of your students: scheduling, goal tracking, parent communication, escalation on needs and concerns, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree or above. (Masters degree in education is preferred)
- Language: Native English
- Commitment to living and working in Japan for 2-3 yrs.
- Familiarity with the US and UK academic experience
- Commitment to quality of service and producing results.
- Fast, self-starting, organized, detail-oriented, and systematic in order to “get it done”.
- Motivated to build a world-class company that makes global impact.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
: What we offer you:
- Competitive salary package. 5M to 6M yen/year with possibility of bonus.
- International and diverse working environment.
- Opportunity for growth within the company.
- Visa sponsorship is available.
© 2020 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.
GaijinPot and CareerEngine are trademarks of GPlusMedia Inc. and part of the Fujisankei Communications Group.