*About Tokyo Academics*
Tokyo Academics is Tokyo’s leading academic tutoring, test preparation, and college admissions counseling company, providing world-class education in the heart of Tokyo. TA is the passion project of a constellation of teachers, researchers, and academics in Tokyo, Japan. Since 2012, we’ve evolved from a few university friends tutoring at a tiny restaurant in Tokyo into an organization of academic, test prep, and college admissions experts, helping students to realize and reach their potential and capture the opportunities of the future.
Our tutors work with English-speaking, international students from 1st grade through 12th grade (and some post-graduate students), in various academic subjects, ranging from Latin and Debate to Computer Science and AP Physics. Most of our team is in Japan and in the Philippines, but we are growing our US-based team as well. Most of our students are located in Japan, but we also have students in the US, Europe, and other parts of Asia.
Over the last 8 years, we have grown consistently year after year. We are also constantly expanding our line of services. We started with just private test prep tutoring, and now we offer academic tutoring, group classes, online learning, college admissions counseling, boarding school admissions counseling, coding classes, and student research (also running one of the only international high school research conferences in the world). We are now looking to stabilize and grow further and are hoping to expand our services beyond Tokyo, to other parts of Japan, Asia, and the world.
*About the role*
Tokyo Academics works with an incredible community of students and parents in the greater Tokyo Area. As our first Customer Success Manager, you will work directly with our community managers, sales team, marketing team, and leadership to shape the way we help our customers achieve the best possible outcomes.
This position is best suited for a self-driven individual who thrives in a fast-paced environment. This is an opportunity to really buy into the vision of a young and growing company and become a part of the core team in the long run.
*Why is this role special?*
- You’ll be a key part of helping our students achieve their goals. As our very first customer success manager, you will hold a key role in helping us do a better job helping our students achieve their goals. While our community managers and tutors are incredibly dedicated towards our students and community as well, we are growing rapidly and need someone to help manage the big picture and put systems into place to make sure we are doing our best with each and every family that comes through our doors.
- You’ll work with an incredibly talented team. We are proud of the amazing team that we have at Tokyo Academics. We are a small but passionate leadership and community management team, and we are lucky to have a ridiculously talented, intelligent, creative, and kind group of tutors that we work with on a daily basis. Especially in Tokyo, we feel that this is a unique and exciting environment to be a part of.
- You'll work on interesting and impactful problems. Our team is still small, and people wear many hats. You’d be building out an entire new division and role while working closely with managers of other divisions. Absolutely no boredom.
- Join us at an exciting time. We're profitable with a small team and currently support hundreds of students with an alumni group of thousands! This gives us all kinds of opportunities for expansion in growth. You'll join at the perfect time to help shape where we go and how we grow from here.
*What you will work on*
- Maintain and expand Tokyo Academics’ existing customer base
- Learn our products and services inside and out and help Tokyo Academics’ families achieve their educational goals
- Proactively identify students/families that aren’t maximizing their opportunities with our services and reach out to create an action plan to help them achieve success when it’s right for the family.
- Developing and executing operational and customer success processes
- Developing and maintaining a company-wide database of student, parent, and tutor profiles
- Supporting our students/parents on a basis with the help of 3 community managers, a team of virtual assistants, and the management team
- Meeting with potential students and parents to explain and sell our services
- Collaborating with our developer on improving our current platform as well as launching new features
- Training your team to reach higher operational and sales performance
*Our ideal candidate*
- You have a track record of high achievement in your current account management or customer success role (or equivalent role).
- You have prior experience setting up new processes, documentation, and KPIs
- You are a people person and an excellent communicator with both internal and external parties
- You thrive in a fast paced, rigorous environment
- You are results oriented
- You can put yourself in others’ shoes and see situations from perspectives other than your own
- [Bonus] You have experience working in the field of education (especially American system)
- [Bonus] You can speak/read/write in Japanese
- Competitive compensation package
- Bonuses based on company growth
- 20 days of paid time off per year
- Join a growing bootstrapped company with a lot of potential for growth
- Autonomy to implement ideas and have a significant impact
© 2020 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.
GaijinPot and CareerEngine are trademarks of GPlusMedia Inc. and part of the Fujisankei Communications Group.