Position: Full-time teacher
Starting date: ASAP/before the end of July
Location: Ichinomiya, Aichi, Japan.
Working schedule: 5 days a week (Tuesday-Saturday), 8 hours per day
Thank you for considering a job at the Bohme English Academy. This position involves teaching children of various ages, but the majority of the students will be between the ages 1-8. There will also be a possibility of teaching some adult students (not guaranteed), but the focus of this position is teaching young children.
* Applicants with teaching degrees, and/or qualifications such as the CELTYL will be highly favoured.
* We are looking for a teacher who is flexible and adaptable and has the ability/desire to teach a wide range of students.
* We would like applicants to have experience in the field of early childhood teaching.
*An ability to work independently is very important. While we will train successful candidates, we recognize that every teacher is different and has strengths in different areas. With this in mind we want our teachers to use their own teaching style & methods to create fun and exciting classes for our students.
* Someone who really enjoys teaching children, and enjoys planning fun & engaging lessons.
* Someone who is comfortable teaching very young learners, and can demonstrate the patience sometimes needed in order to teach these classes.
* Our 3 home schools are based in Ichinomiya City (Aichi Prefecture), Ginan Town and Gifu City (Gifu Prefecture).
* Classrooms are fully equipped with unlimited internet access, video / audio access and countless supplementary materials.
* Our class size limits are as follows:
0-2 year olds (with mothers & Japanese assistant) - 8 student limit
3-6 year olds (with a Japanese assistant) 15 student limit
6-10 year olds - 8 student limit
11-16 year olds - 8 student limit
* Classes can be 50, 75, 105, 120 minutes in length, depending on the age of the students.
* Teaching materials are provided, but we actively encourage our teachers to create their own lesson materials as well.
- Native English speaker.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- TESOL / ESL training and experience in an ESL setting.
- The ability to plan enjoyable, high quality lessons for a variety of classes.
- Possess a positive attitude.
- DBS check/Criminal records check
- At least two references
- Experience living overseas for a minimum of 6 months.
- Japanese is an asset, as is any other second language.
- The ability to adhere to curriculum planning deadlines.
- International drivers license.
- Starting salary: 250,000 yen per month.
- Performance bonuses.
- Fully furnished and spacious shared staff house - ¥60,000/month (which includes all utilities) as well as refundable deposits.
- Visa sponsorship.
- Travel bonus, as well as a contract completion bonus.
- Company will provide a cell phone if needed - call charges to be paid by you.
- Enrollment in the Japanese pension & health insurance system
© 2019 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.
GaijinPot and CareerEngine are trademarks of GPlusMedia Inc. and part of the Fujisankei Communications Group.