At Oshaberi Eikaiwa Kyoshitsu (OEK) We have a great reputation as a language center and our staff of 7 like to think we make a difference. We have been established since 1987 and are now one of the biggest private ESL school in Shizuoka City.
“Education is not the filling of a pail, but the lighting of a fire.” – W. B. Yeats
Full Time Position starts mid-February – early March 2020
- Working schedule is 40 hours, 5 days a week, from Tuesday to Saturday. - Approximately 25 contact lessons a week. - Teaching all ages and English levels from mother and toddlers to adults. - There is a combination of early starts and afternoon starts. - Six weeks paid vacation per year. - 18 month renewable contract.
We run English programs from mother and toddler and everything in-between through to adults. Within each program small classes are divided into language levels. Each teacher has their classes for the school year. We also have private lessons, teach at community centres and kindergartens.
Our students are our priority. We really want the best outcomes for them.
Skills that we are looking for in our new teacher.
• CHILDREN ability to follow our curriculum while creating lessons tailored to best help the diverse range of your students; phonics, sight-words, reading and writing are skills we stream into our children’s classes. We have a great programs, good materials, and continued support and job training.
• ADULT classes are from beginners to advanced, with some students having been with us for over 20 years. Being skilled in creating communication techniques that focus off the teacher and onto the students and their abilities and personalities is something we value.
• We’d like to work with a teacher who realizes we are also on our own learning curves and want to expand our own skills to become the best teachers we can. For example as a team of teachers we started teaching phonics 10 years ago before it started to trend in Japan which has been in the last year. We hope our new member of staff will also contribute in these endeavors to explore possibilities with us. Everybody’s insights are valued.
• Being a part of a creating a working environment that respects diversity, innovation, hard work and having enjoyment. Also a teacher who enjoys the diversity of all age groups.
Ability to work both independently and as part of a close-knit team of 7 people.
We are a well-resourced school. Our 2 unique schools are located near each other and are converted traditional Japanese houses. Teaching is floor based with low tables and cushions. So you need to be healthy and happy sitting on the floor and getting up and down.This allows flexible use of classroom space especially for our children's lesson where we are not always sitting down.
6 weeks paid holidays - 3 weeks in August, 2 weeks over the New Year, 1 week in Golden Week.
The housing accommodation we offer is a small independent Japanese style older style house with all the basic furniture provided at a reasonable rent of 40,000 - 50,000 yen. Teachers houses are located within easy distance of the schools so no commuting time.
For a better understanding of our school please look at our website - Oshaberi Eikaiwa Kyoshitsu. There is an English section though not up to date. Also for more photos please visit us on facebook.
We apologize that we are not able to respond to all applicants and only candidates who pass the initial screening process will be contacted.
© 2020 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.