Active English School in Shiojiri City, Nagano Prefecture, Japan is looking for an energetic, versatile and professional native English teacher to begin working in the beginning of April, 2020. Our school is small, friendly and family-owned, operating locally for more than 20 years.
We are currently hiring for two distinct positions:
1. Conversation Teacher at a private English school
2. Assistant Language Teacher (ALT) in Junior high and Elementary School
A conversation teacher is responsible for conducting classes for students across a broad age range, from as young as two years old to adults. The majority of our students are children, and we utilize a set curriculum which allows teachers to focus their energy on getting to know students on a personal level to make their classes enjoyable.
As an ALT, you will be responsible for bringing English into the everyday lives of elementary and junior high students through engaging activities and cultural exchange. ALTs are placed in local schools within Shiojiri city and teach alongside Japanese English teachers.
Nagano prefecture is centrally located with great access to hiking, skiing or snowboarding, and hot springs. Shiojiri is a small, quiet city about 20 minutes from Matsumoto, and 2.5 hours from Tokyo and Kyoto by train.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
1. Five days a week with 2 consecutive days off and 4 weeks paid vacation per year
2. Salary: 240,000 - 270,000 yen per month
3. One year contract completion bonus: 70,000 - 100,000 yen
1. Native speaker of English
2. Bachelor's degree
3. Driver's license in home country and International driver's license
1. TESL/TEFL/CELTA certificate
2. ESL teaching experience
Please apply online with your resume, a recent photo and letters of reference, if any.
If your application has been successful you will be contacted.
School name: Active English School
Contact: Mr. Nagahara
The above information is a public job ad. This job ad is neither an offer nor a contract.
© 2020 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.
GaijinPot and CareerEngine are trademarks of GPlusMedia Inc. and part of the Fujisankei Communications Group.