Mighty Acorns English is an international school located in Kasukabe, Saitama. We are an established, family-run school with many years of experience working with children and early childhood education. A wide variety of lessons are instructed at Mighty Acorns English; all of these lessons are planned with diligence and care and classes are taught with passion, excitement, and energy. We strive for a positive and supportive environment inside and outside of classrooms and insist on policies of openness and communication.
We feel that all children have potential and promise, and given the right guidance, education, and support, they can unleash this potential and grow into strong, bright, considerate individuals. We are currently seeking an individual who shares in these values and would be eager and excited to guide children through this academic journey.
Our school is growing and we are seeking a teacher for our International Preschool and Weekly ESL Lessons Program. We are looking for a bright, energetic individual who is keen and eager to teach children. Applicants must be responsible and demonstrate a high level of professionalism with students, parents, and other staff members. Following direction and taking initiative are both required in this position and all applicants must be skilled in interpersonal communication.
• Kasukabe, Saitama
Schedule and Contract Term
• Full Time Position: Tuesdays to Saturdays
• Working Hours: 9:00 to 18:30 (including breaks)
• Teaching Hours: Approximately 27 hours/week, set schedule
• Irregularities in schedule include:
- Special Events
- One Monday class per month
• 2 Year Contract: March 2020 – March 2022
• Full training is provided
• Regular communication to facilitate long-term growth and development
Remuneration and Benefits
• Salary of 250,000 yen/month-275,000 yen/month bases on experience and suitability
• Transportation expenses up to 10,000 yen/month
• Approximately 6 weeks of paid vacation
• Contract completion bonus of 100,000 yen
• Annual medical physical
• Employee Health and Pension Insurance (Shakai Hoken)
Duties and Responsibilities
• Lesson planning and preparation in accordance with Mighty Acorns English’s curriculum
• Lesson instruction in an international program and ESL weekly language program to students aged 1.5 - 12 years old
• Teaching through song, dance, movement, communication, technology, and textbooks
• Progressing language skills and cognitive abilities of students
• Ensuring the healthy development and safety of students
• Working and communicating with an English-speaking Japanese assistant
• Daily communication with parents
• General classroom maintenance and upkeep
• Preparation and participation in school events
• Diploma or certificate of graduation from a post-secondary school
• Experience with young learners
• Passion to teach and able to learn
• Energetic, enthusiastic, and cheerful demeanor
• Strong work ethic and professional attitude
• Able to live abroad for the duration and completion of the contract in full
All interested applicants are asked to provide the following
• A cover letter addressing:
-how they satisfy the applicant requirements
-why they are interested in teaching at Mighty Acorns English
• A resume
• A recent photo of themselves smiling
Only successful applicants will be contacted. We appreciate your time and effort.
The above information is a public job ad. This job ad is neither an offer nor a contract.
© 2020 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.
GaijinPot and CareerEngine are trademarks of GPlusMedia Inc. and part of the Fujisankei Communications Group.