We are looking to recruit a lead teacher for an exciting new school who can demonstrate good professional skills, has a lot of experience in teaching very young learners and young learners in addition to adults and is willing and able to learn and develop.
Michael International School is a brand-new school in Himeji, teaching a range of Kindergarten, Primary, Secondary Young Learner and Young Adult courses. Please note that you will either work a Monday to Friday or Tuesday to Saturday workweek.
This is a fulltime position – 40 hours a week.
You should be a native level speaker of English. You will have an undergraduate degree and be TEFL-I qualified (CELTA or Trinity TESOL) with extensive experience teaching kindergarten, primary, secondary and adults. A TEFL-Q qualification (DELTA or Trinity DipTESOL) and a qualification to teach young learners such as the YL extension to CELTA is desirable.
You should be committed to ongoing training and we provide a range of development opportunities to enable our teachers to obtain recognised qualifications.
• to plan and deliver English and CLIL and contents based lessons to kindergarten students, young learners and/or adults, both on-site and off-site as required.
• to prepare and use curricula and materials effectively, considering individual learning styles, and to provide an environment conducive to learning
• to maintain registers, records of work, student reports and other administrative documents to the quality required
• to manage relationships with students, providing regular feedback and progress reports
• to set, correct, and provide feedback on homework
• to assist with the development of courses, resources, teaching materials, and professional development in the school.
• to actively participate in professional development
• to remain up-to-date with pedagogic developments to ensure that high standards of teaching are maintained.
To provide the best teaching available in our school we also require:
• education to degree level or equivalent qualification
• a certificate level TEFL qualification (Cambridge CELTA or Trinity CertTESOL)
• a minimum of two years teaching experience post-TEFL qualification or a PGCE with QTS status (primary or secondary)
• high proficiency in the use of the English language equivalent to IELTS band 9 (C2)
The above information is a public job ad. This job ad is neither an offer nor a contract.
© 2019 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.
GaijinPot and CareerEngine are trademarks of GPlusMedia Inc. and part of the Fujisankei Communications Group.