1. Support for children
• To assist through supervision of children inside and outside the classroom including in the playgrounds, sibling pick up, whilst eating lunch/snack or on visits outside the school premises.
• To provide simple first aid, when necessary, and take all reasonable measures to ensure health and safety in the classroom and other relevant areas within and outside the school premises.
• To provide care, attend to children’s personal needs and undertake activities necessary to meet the physical, emotional and educational requirements of individual or groups of children, utilising a basic range of skills, with a need for only limited experience and under close supervision from teaching staff.
• To assist in supervising the activities of groups of children or individual children, in order to ensure their safety, facilitate their educational development and develop a supportive and caring relationship.
2. Support for teachers
• To undertake other relevant duties allocated at the discretion of the classroom teacher, Head of Primary or other designated supervisor.
• To maintain records of children’s progress as instructed by the classroom teacher or other designated supervisor, with limited input to only the monitoring and reviewing of work programmes.
• To undertake the following roles:
• Bulk photocopying
• Record-keeping and filing
• Classroom display – teachers will make professional decisions in determining what material is displayed in and around the classroom
• Collating child reports
• Preparing and maintaining equipment and materials
3. Support for the school
• To observe children as individuals and in groups and report progress and problems to the classroom teacher or other designated person.
• To prepare and operate computers and other equipment and undertake any other simple practical tasks on equipment used as teaching aids.
• To prepare display materials and teaching aids, undertake simple maintenance and repair, and clean and tidy up after use.
4. Support for the curriculum
• To assist in the delivery of educational work programmes by undertaking individual, predetermined learning activities, in order to further the educational development of children
Hours: 08.15 to 4.30, Monday to Friday
School holidays at Christmas, Easter and summer plus half-term breaks.
Last modified on September 2, 2019
The above information is a public job ad. This job ad is neither an offer nor a contract.
© 2023 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.
GaijinPot and CareerEngine are trademarks of GPlusMedia Inc. and part of the Gakken Group.