J Prep Kids is currently seeking passionate, experienced educators to join our distinguished teaching staff in Jiyugaoka (and soon Shibuya) to begin between December 2017 and March 2018.
Though relatively new as a school, J Prep Kids is rapidly expanding.
Having reached maximum capacity some time ago, J prep Kids will be expanding into Shibuya in the spring of 2018.
We hope that potential candidates will share our corporate vision in quality education for young learners, and be enthusiastic in actively contributing to this vision.
J Prep Kids is an "afterschool" facility located in Jiyugaoka and supervised by Jun Saito, a former assistant professor at Yale University and the author of several best-selling books.
The J Prep Kids program aims to provide quality English education to children attending Japanese kindergarten or elementary school as well as international school students here in Japan.
Our English classes are English-only and offer highly stimulating lessons based around monthly themes incorporating study topics in the areas of science, social studies, art, music, and physical education. Additionally there are Japanese, math, and programming staff members teaching their respective classes as well.
J Prep Kids offers a comprehensive in-house phonics and literacy program aimed at developing excellent reading and writing skills in young learners.
- applicants for full-time positions or part-time positions
- Fluent~Native English speakers. Those who speak fluent Japanese will also be given special consideration
Ideal candidates will have one or more of the following:
- minimum two years experience teaching specific subjects like science and social studies to elementary school students.
- experience developing curriculum using various resources and textbooks
- experience in management
- some education in related fields
- the ability to bond with kids
- a social personality
- a cover letter
- a recent photo
Those who hold a valid overseas teaching license or degrees/certification in early education, ESL, or child-care will also be given special consideration.
- Curriculum development, coordination and management
- Class management (variable)
- Assisting the school in any necessary tasks and events
- 11:00 am to 20:00 (8 hours + 60 minute break)
- National Holidays and weekends: off
- 10 paid leave days, each subsequent year earning additional days.
- A few Saturday events throughout the year
- Optional camps, such as Yamagata (summer) camp, and Ski (winter) camp.
- Initial contract will be approximately one year as "keiyaku shain" (limited). After successful completion, teachers will receive a "sei shain" (unlimited) contract.
Additionally, J prep Kids offers:
- fair treatment
- a positive work environment
- transportation coverage
- health insurance
- a positive reinforcement-based teacher evaluation system with goals which rewards outstanding performance and longevity with greater opportunities such as raise in position along with its appropriate responsibilities and accompanying salary.
All employees must complete an initial three-month probationary period, during which time necessary job training will be provided. After successful completion of the probationary period, successful candidates will be offered a full-time contract with compensation between the rate of 270,000-350,000 yen per month (negotiable based on qualifications and previous job experience).
1. Those who skip Gaijinpot's recruitment process and send their applications to us directly are advised to send the same information with their CV in a similar format for the sake of simplicity.
2. Due to the high volume of applicants, we will be unable to respond to those who do not pass the initial screening process.
The above information is a public job ad. This job ad is neither an offer nor a contract.
© 2018 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.
GaijinPot and CareerEngine are trademarks of GPlusMedia Inc. and part of the Fujisankei Communications Group.