We are looking for native-level English teachers who wish to enrich the lives of public school students in the western Ibaraki city of Chikusei. These positions are called "Assistant Langauge Teachers" (ALT).
We are actively recruiting for ALTs to work a set schedule in elementary and junior high schools, either at one or at a few, within the same city, and we are also looking for ALT substitutes with at least one free weekday scheduled.
For these placements, positions are for all school days in the year, falling during all 5 weekdays (Monday through Friday). Time at the school varies (with a school day being from 8:30 to 16:45 as an example) but contracted working time is for less than 6 hours per day with plentiful break time.
Specific conditions regarding the daily rate can vary depending on the specific schools and number of working hours, but specific possibilities are confirmed before needing to make an agreement to take a position in each individual case. The conditions would not change after an agreement is made.
The main duties are to provide fun and effective English lessons and internationalize Japanese youth. It is important for ALTs to help bridge this gap by giving students first-hand knowledge and experience of different cultures, as well as providing fun and effective English lessons. Although teaching is an important part of the job, essentially much of the job is getting to play and have fun with students and get paid for it! Many teachers play sports and games during recess, or join sports or music clubs after school.
The vast majority of positions have the maximum transportation amount already included in the salary.
- Native-level English ability
- To already hold documents required to sponsor a visa and to be able to submit them immediately, or to otherwise already hold a proper Japan work visa. (We can of course provide documentation for renewals)
- Basic Japanese speaking ability (or at least a desire to learn) or otherwise good communication skill
- Some teaching experience or experience working with children
- Agreement to enroll in Japan's national health insurance
- Ability to be present for orientation before starting
- Some positions require driving ability, and driving does benefit general lifestyle in the city even if not required for some positions in the city.
- Visa sponsorship available
- No limit on contract renewals
- Company coordinators always available to help with issues between teachers and schools.
- Veteran ALTs who have certain qualities can be considered in future contract years for advancement within the company or to be introduced to a position outside the ALT field.
Please contact us as soon as possible for consideration. We are looking to recruit a large number of ALTs and look forward to your contact even if some time after this advertisement is placed. Those who pass the initial screening will be contacted for an interview via Skype. We look forward to hearing from you!
The above information is a public job ad. This job ad is neither an offer nor a contract.
© 2017 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.
GaijinPot and CareerEngine are trademarks of GPlusMedia Inc. and part of the Fujisankei Communications Group.