English Preschool Baby Bach is currently looking for qualified applicants to join our ever growing English Conversation School.
We are a children's English School opened in September 2006. Our students range in age from 1 to 12 years old, in both Preschool and After School classes.
Due to our growth, we are looking for hardworking individuals who are enthusiastic about teaching, who have great attitudes and who are interested in working with young students, to help them learn to enjoy and comfortably use English.
We are willing to train the right person, therefore any individual without experience but with serious interest is invited to apply.
At Baby Bach, teachers soon discover that the focus is on the progress of the students, and not the financial side of the business. Since our teaching style and philosophy are unlike other schools in Japan, we maintain a high standard to achieve recognizable results for all of our students.
- Enjoy and be comfortable singing and dancing.
- Be willing to relocate or already live in or around Shizuoka City (within an hour’s commute)
- Be able to focus entirely on students and the lesson for a longer period than normally required at a Japanese English conversation school; 2-4 hours.
- Be flexible and able to change procedures and activities at any time in order to consistently and continually improve and provide the best learning opportunities for our students.
- Be able to plan ahead, and be prepared for all lessons; at least 1 week before the lesson, and teachers must be completely prepared for each and every lesson before the lesson begins.
- Be able to multitask during the lesson. While teaching, word choice, language patterns, and movements must all promote student understanding. At the same time teachers must be able to monitor student response in order to ensure that each student is able to grasp what is being taught.
- Be able to accept and respond to constructive criticism appropriately
- Be student focused
- Be able to comfortably and reassuringly speak in English to parents about their student’s progress and the day’s activities
- Preserve and promote a relaxed and cooperative working atmosphere
Individuals in need of a visa are welcome to apply for this position; we are willing to provide visa sponsorship. Applicants desiring sponsorship should meet the following requirements:
- Must be able and willing to sign a binding contract lasting until the end of March, 2021
- Be able to start working no later than January, 2019
- Have attained a TESOL or other applicable English teaching certification
Serious applicants may be asked to participate in a skype interview, followed by a questionnaire; undergo an intensive interview, and/or teach a demo lesson either for management or in an actual classroom. Please be prepared for all possibilities if invited to grace our school with a visit.
At Baby Bach, we have two types of teachers, full-time teachers and part-time teachers:
The full-time teachers teach both the Preschool classes and the After School classes, generally between 09:00 and 19:15. The part-time teachers teach After School classes, working for 4 hours a day. Preschool is a 4-hour lesson, and After School is a 2-hour lesson.
In addition to our normal lessons, we also provide private lessons to interested students.
We are located an easy 10 minute walk almost straight south from Shizuoka Station South Exit.
We currently have an immediate need for a candidate who can grow into the full-time teacher position, but we are always eagerly seeking good candidates.
Candidates seeking a position at Baby Bach, but are unsure if they can fulfill the full-time teacher position, are still encouraged to apply.
All applications may be sent to English Preschool Baby Bach. Please send us a copy of your current resume including a current photograph and a cover letter and indicate what your availability is.
Thank you for your interest in our company, and we look forward to speaking with you soon!
The above information is a public job ad. This job ad is neither an offer nor a contract.
© 2018 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.
GaijinPot and CareerEngine are trademarks of GPlusMedia Inc. and part of the Fujisankei Communications Group.