We are currently looking for a Mechanical Engineer who can act as a site supervisor on a solar power plant construction site. They are to support the monitoring of contractors and vendors at sites during the build process, provide troubleshooting and confirm compliance with engineering design and drawings. The successful candidate is responsible for the day-to-day quality supervision and monitoring installation works. This position requires a valid Japanese driver’s license. Rental car and apartment will be provided.
- Working closely with the construction manager to monitor construction quality, subcontractors, and vendors.
- Inspection of equipment arriving.
- Reviewing the work progress on a daily basis, comparing it to overall project schedule, addressing course correction with workers, subcontractors, and vendors as necessary.
- Assisting in checking the design compared with the actual site condition.
- Planning ahead to prevent problems and resolve any emerging ones.
- Responding to work delays and emergencies.
- Analyzing and mitigating risks.
- Collecting commissioning and punch list data.
- Ensuring QC documentation is completed accurately and delivered to the project team.
- Preparing daily and weekly reports
- Other tasks as requested
-Business level English language skills or higher
-University degree in mechanical engineering or related subject
-Proven work experience on a solar power plant construction site
-Solid organizational skills
-Strong teamwork skills
-Japanese driver’s license
© 2022 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.
GaijinPot and CareerEngine are trademarks of GPlusMedia Inc. and part of the Gakken Group.