One World International School, Tokyo is an international school catering to students of Early Childhood starting from 3years of age. In Singapore, the school is currently operating with 950 students growing to 1200 by August 2019.
It has state of the art classrooms, spacious grounds with sports facilities and an environment that supports outdoor learning. The school is built on the simple but important culture of kindness and we are passionate about IB learning and teaching. We offer academic rigor within a value-driven, inclusive community to nurture internationally-minded global citizens. OWIS emphasizes balance, autonomy, and international diversity, our school is designed to provide students with a well-rounded learning experience that ensures their success as adults.
Description of Position:
· The EC Coordinator will be responsible for providing leadership and coordination of the PYP within the school.
· The candidate must have expert knowledge of the EC curriculum framework.
· The coordinator will be expected to work with the entire PYP subject teaching team, and the parent community, while demonstrating outstanding communication skills – both spoken and written form.
· The role also requires supporting and monitoring teachers to ensure that an inquiry approach to learning is delivered across the primary years at school.
· The coordinator must attend and contribute to regular staff meetings.
· The applicant should have a pleasing personality and must love working with children.
· The candidate is expected to conduct parent information sessions about the program and inform the IB board about progress made in terms of implementation and development of the program.
· The applicant must have a good understanding of cultural differences.
· Candidate should have good knowledge of MS word, excel, PPT.
Education & Experience:
* Bachelor’s Degree / Master’s degree from a reputed university.
*degree/diploma/certification in Teaching
* A minimum of 3-5 years’ experience working as a Coordinator to look after the early years program.
* Certified in any of the following workshops (at least Cat1):
· An introduction to the EYP curriculum model
· An introduction to the EYP curriculum model in the early years
· Making the EYP happen in the classroom
* Assessment in the early years: Cat 2
* Making the PYP library the hub of learning: Cat 3
* The role of the coordinator: Cat 3
* Leading early years in PYP schools
* Leading the learning in PYP schools
Joining Time: The Candidates who can join in 1-month notice will be preferred.
© 2020 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.
GaijinPot and CareerEngine are trademarks of GPlusMedia Inc. and part of the Fujisankei Communications Group.