Since April 2009, Tokyo International School Group (TISG) has been running an English language program at Nagisa Junior and Senior High School in Hiroshima. Starting with one teacher in the first year, we now have four dedicated and passionate English teachers who work together to run this unique program.
- We are looking for a confident, dedicated, and passionate teacher to join our current team.
- Candidates must have a degree in education (or equivalent that affords a home-country teaching license) and two years of experience (ideally working with junior or senior high school students in Japan).
- The successful candidate will join a team of 3 other dedicated Native English-speaking teachers, who work together with the Japanese English teachers to run the English Department.
- This is not an ALT position, TISG teachers are responsible for planning and teaching their own classes, following a curriculum set by the school.
- The workweek is Monday to Friday with a half-day of work on three Saturdays per month.
- Paid vacation days are every Sunday, one Saturday per month, one half-day weekday per month, public holidays, five days of sick leave, three weeks during summer, two weeks in winter, and one week in spring.
- The daily work schedule is 8:20 am to 5:05 pm, but it must be mentioned that during busy periods the teachers often work longer hours.
- The starting wage is ¥295,000 per month after the successful completion of probation.
- During the 3-6 month probation period, the wage will be ¥275,000 per month.
- The position includes yearly wage increases for a period of 10 years.
The following allowances are also included:
- ¥55,000/month housing (unless using school provided accommodation)
- ¥10,000/month grade head (available when these responsibilities start)
There is also a bonus available for successful completion of the contract.
- The school is located in Saeki-ku, 10 minute walk from Itsukaichi station.
- The start date for this position will be April 2023.
- Resumes will be screened to check that minimum requirements are met.
- Candidates will be contacted to arrange online interviews.
- Following the first round of interviews candidates will be short-listed for a second round interview.
- A final decision will be made and the successful candidate will start in April, on a date to be determined by their availability.
We look forward to receiving your application.
Last modified on 2023年4月3日
© 2023 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.
GaijinPot and CareerEngine are trademarks of GPlusMedia Inc. and part of the Gakken Group.