Educational Network Inc. (E-Staff Tokyo) seeks educators to be placed as teachers in private schools across the Kanto and Kansai areas. Applicants for the available positions should be enthusiastic about teaching to Japanese school students and should have a desire to help them learn about the culture, customs and other points of interest of other countries.
The current available openings are for full-time positions at a private junior high and senior high school. There are two positions available; one is a combined maths and ESL posting, the other is a combined science and ESL posting.
Although responsibilities vary depending on the position both involve:
- Helping to make lesson plans.
- Teaching lessons (Team teaching or solo teaching up to 20 classes a week).
- Suggesting ideas / creating teaching materials.
- Student evaluation.
- Attending occasional school events. (Culture festival, sports festival etc.)
- Participating in department/school meetings when necessary.
- Helping to provide the students with an opportunity to study English and learn about other cultures in an enjoyable educational environment.
General working conditions are as follows:
- Working term: April 2021 to March 31st, 2022 (Yearly contract renewal possible)
- Working Hours: (Approx.) 8:00 to 16:00 Mon to Fri / 8:00 13:00 Sat.
- Break: 45 mins lunch break
- 10 days statutory paid holiday allowance available after 6 months of employment in addition to national holidays
The school in question is preparing to become co-educational from next year and in an effort to ensure a smooth transition these positions involve some preparatory work which will begin in Sept or Oct 2021. The amount of work will be determined by your availability, taking into account your current work situation. It will involve the following:
1) Curriculum preparation
2) Meetings for preliminary preparations
- For creating the curriculum, it is possible to work from home.
- The curriculum will be developed gradually in consultation with the school's English department and no classes will be held before April 2022.
Salary will be paid on a monthly basis and all transportation expenses between the teacher's place of residence and the school will be reimbursed. The positions also include Social Insurance coverage (health insurance and pension) and Employment Insurance coverage.
- The preparatory work will be paid.
-Must be a native speaker of English.
-Must have completed a university Bachelor’s Degree.
-Must be currently residing in Japan and have a valid visa status that allows you to live and work in Japan. (Please don't apply if you don't satisfy this requirement)
-Must be able to work confidently within a Japanese work environment with tact, flexibility and
- Must have a genuine interest in education and teaching.
- Must be able to offer commitment to the job throughout the duration of the contract.
- Must be a cooperative, communicative, patient, productive and creative person.
We are looking forward to hearing from you.
*Please note that in the case of a high number of applications we may not be able to respond in person to each and every candidate. We apologise for this and thank you for your understanding.
© 2021 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.
GaijinPot and CareerEngine are trademarks of GPlusMedia Inc. and part of the Fujisankei Communications Group.