Want to work and live in Tokyo?
We are looking for an infrastructure / back-end developer for our two projects!
One of our projects is MagicalTrip, which is one of the leading tour websites in Japan. We have hundreds of guides that have shown Japan to many thousands of tourists.
Our other project is a newly launched website aimed at Japanese people for booking celebration events.
Your task will be managing our Docker/Kubernetes infrastructure on GCP, and help building our NodeJs back-end systems.
Our team is a mix of Japanese, American and Dutch people, with English being our main communication language.
We got an office right next to Tokyo Station which you can use, but you can work from home when you want to.
- At least 3 years experience as a developer
- Business level English
- Knowledge of GCP (Cloud SQL, GKE, Logger, Memorystore, Network)
- Some knowledge of AWS (specifically Route53, Cloudfront)
- Knowledge of templating tools for deployment (GCP Templates, Terraform, etc)
- Deep knowledge of building images with Docker
- Experience configuring Kubernetes resources
- Experience using Git as source control
- Believe in the importance of teamwork and communication
- Interest in and willingness to learn about new technologies and methods
# Nice to have, but not required
- Can speak Japanese
- Experience building E-commerce webapps
- Experience using Graphql
- Experience configuring CI/CD workloads (we use Gitlab CI)
- Experience using automated test suites (unit, integration and e2e)
- Experience designing, using and writing optimized queries for relational databases (we use Postgresql)
- Experience working with payment platforms (preferably Stripe)
- Experience of building monitoring environment (we use Metabase)
- Experience working with email / notification systems (we use Mandrill/Mailchimp and Twilio)
# Working hours
- 10:00 - 19:00 with flextime (core hours between 11:00 - 16:00).
- We also have a Work-from-Home policy.
# Work location
- 5 minutes walk from “Tokyo Station"
- Annual income: 6,000,000 yen ~
* Trial period: 3 to 6 months
* No changes in Salary during the trial period
- Visa support / Visa application fees or expenses fully-paid
- Transportation expenses: Maximum monthly 30,000 yen
- Housing allowance (with regulations)
- Overseas daily allowance (as necessary)
- Complete social insurances
- Saturday and Sunday holidays
- Public holiday
- Summer vacation
- Winter vacation
- Paid holidays
- Condolence leave
- Maternity leave
# Selection method
- Introduction Interview (Online)
- Final Interview (Online)
© 2021 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.
GaijinPot and CareerEngine are trademarks of GPlusMedia Inc. and part of the Fujisankei Communications Group.