We are seeking an experienced kindergarten teacher for our elementary school section.
Responsibilities will include the following:
- Planning, teaching, monitoring and evaluating our students using the IPC, International Primary Curriculum, while also providing English language instruction.
- Planning, preparing and executing school events.
- Working closely with the head of school to develop and/or adjust the curriculum to suit the educational needs of our students.
- Supervising students on outings.
- Participating in professional development opportunities.
We are looking for a motivated and experienced kindergarten school teacher with a passion for education and the skills necessary to faithfully implement the curriculum in a fun and effective manner. The ideal candidate will also be flexible and creative so that they can adjust learning to fit the needs of the students under the unique circumstances of the school.
Preference will be given to candidates capable of working in a multicultural and multilingual environment. Good interpersonal abilities and awareness of cultural sensibilities is also required when dealing with our international parents and our Japanese staff.
- August 1, 2020 to March 31, 2021*
* The school year runs from August to July, but contracts will follow the Japanese financial year (from April to March) due to technical reasons.
- Contracts are for 1 year and are renewable.
- Monday to Friday
- 8:30 pm to 5:30 pm, including lesson planning and preparation time
- Housing (rent paid in-kind)
- Travel expenses (to Rokkasho, Japan)
- Cost of transporting personal belongings (to Rokkasho, Japan)
- Costs for professional development
- Health, employment and social insurance coverage
- Use of a company car
About Rokkasho International School:
Rokkasho International School is a small international school located in Rokkasho, Aomori Prefecture in Northern Japan. It is managed by SunFlare Co., Ltd through a commission by the Prefectural Government of Aomori.
Student-teacher ratios are very low as we cater only to the children of international researchers and technicians in Rokkasho for a specific research project. Our elementary section is open only to the children of researchers and technicians while the preschool section is open also to local Japanese students.
Our students tend to come from non-English speaking parts of the world so the school provides instruction on the English language while also teaching the international curriculum provided.
The elementary section implements the International Primary Curriculum, while the preschool section the Creative Curriculum developed by Teaching Strategies Gold.
Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people in our care is a priority at Rokkasho International School and is a commitment shared by our larger school community.
© 2020 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.
GaijinPot and CareerEngine are trademarks of GPlusMedia Inc. and part of the Fujisankei Communications Group.