SEKIDS is small family-run English school based in Koganei, Tokyo. Our goal is simple: to make Japanese students bilingual. We do this by using popular stories and articles to create an IMMERSIVE learning environment that exposes students to natural English.
Some of the stories that we have used include Harry Potter, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Studio Ghibli’s Spirited Away, and Disney’s Aladdin. Articles that we have discussed cover topics such as Micro-plastics, Over-tourism, and the Plight of the Bee. It is only by exposing students to a wide range of topics and genres that we can improve their comprehension. We are looking for teachers who are passionate and enthusiastic about teaching REAL ENGLISH.
As a SEKIDS teacher, you will be responsible for the growth of your students. Our unique approach to language education attracts students who are serious about learning. Watching them make rapid progress is incredibly rewarding. You will have the freedom to plan and teach your own lessons, so the more you get to know the students, the more you will be able to plan lessons that get them excited about English!
You will also be able to improve your teaching skillset at SEKIDS. Teacher training is very important to us. You will receive detailed feedback and advice about your classes.
We are sure that your experience at SEKIDS will be challenging, enjoyable and extremely rewarding!
- Teaching students of various ages and levels (kindergarten – high school)
- 42 teaching weeks per year
- 7-9 preparation/training weeks per year
- Working hours: 14:00 – 21:15
- Teaching hours: 16:20 – 18:40(3 classs), 19:30 – 21:00(2 classes)
- Teachers have a 45 minute break to rest and eat dinner
- Saturdays, Sundays and National Holidays
- 10 days of additional paid leave
- 4 weeks of holidays: 2 weeks during winter vacation, and 2 weeks during summer vacation
- Be able to work at SEKIDS for 1 year or more
- Hold a valid visa (sponsorship is available)
- Have a BA or university degree
Please submit your resume and a cover letter including as much detail as possible, with your photo attached.
Please note only successful applicants will be contacted.
Last modified on 2023年3月5日
© 2023 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.
GaijinPot and CareerEngine are trademarks of GPlusMedia Inc. and part of the Gakken Group.