Being an ALT is a great way to experience Japan- but what comes next? After a couple years of working in one city or town, you may wish to see more of the country, or to gain knowledge that will help you as your career progresses. The transition into the next phase of your life can seem like a daunting one, but there are opportunities that can help you make that change, and we'd like to tell you about them today!
Borderlink, Inc. has been one of the most trusted names in English education support and teacher recruitment for over 20 years. As we head into the start of a new year, we are continuing to expand across Japan. And we're looking for talented and dedicated individuals ready to take on a worthwhile new challenge and join our HR team as a Human Resources Support (HRS) members!
An HRS position is an excellent way to utilize your knowledge and experience in an exciting, substantial role with Japan's fastest-growing ALT dispatch company. What this opportunity provides to those coming from a full-time teaching role is the ability to take what you've already learned and combine it with new skills that will help carry you forward. With Borderlink's HR team, you’ll be working in an office environment specializing in empowering other ALTs. Whether it be with training, recruiting, or curriculum development, there's a team of fellow veteran ALTs waiting for your ideas and creativity.
You can draw on your own personal experiences, while also learning new aptitudes that you'll take with you into the rest of your life, be it in the education industry or beyond. You'll also be able to continue honing and sharpening your teaching skills as you regularly help out as a substitute ALT, with the added benefits of new locations and relaxed expectations from the schools.
Our work sometimes includes long travel times and requires a degree of self-reliance as you go out into the field. The ability to drive is essential, and those holding a Japanese Driver’s license will be given top priority. As you’ll also be working in a mainly Japanese environment, strong Japanese abilities (or a willingness to learn more) are highly desired.
We're looking for individuals ready to join us immediately or in the very near future at one of our many offices across Japan. Areas include Tokyo, Osaka, Aichi (Nagoya), Saitama, Chiba, Kanagawa, Yamanashi, and Fukuoka. If you already live in one of these areas, this is an opportunity you won't want to pass up! If you're looking to relocate, let us know where you're interested in when applying! Either way, we're waiting to hear from you!
Please also note that while this is an annual contract position (starting date until March 2023, when starting immediately), we are actively looking for those interested in (and able to commit to) long-term, multi-year work beyond March 2023. If you're available starting from April 2023, we welcome your application as well! HR Support is just one more step in a career path that continues further, so those seeking a position with the strong potential for long-term commitment are more than welcome.
If you’re up to the challenge, please carefully read through all work details and preconditions before applying.
[Work Details / 主な業務内容]
Stay in Japan while gaining professional development in HR that you can take with you into any career or position moving forward. Opportunities include, but are not limited to:
● Learn about the hiring process and help with the development of teachers
● Become familiar with the flow of follow-up communication, managing documents, and much more
● Work with new and continuing employees (ALTs) in both small and large settings
● Observe ALTs in action and help them with becoming better educators while developing your own interpersonal skills
● Be able to continue teaching at schools as a substitute. You’ll enjoy all the support we offer our regular ALTs, plus add some variety into your own work week as you get to utilize the teaching experience you've gained over the years in a new environment
● Support in creating an English language program that will help students, teachers, and schools throughout Japan
● Become an integral part of a supportive community that will aid and assist you in your professional growth as soon as you join
[Preconditions / 前提条件]
● 学士号（Bachelor's degree）以上あり
● ALT経験あり（2年以上） *Elementary and/or junior high-level preferred
● 日本語でのビジネスコミュニケーションスキル ※Speaking/Listening: 上級 （equal to or above N2), Reading/Writing: 中級 （equal to or above N4)
● 基本的なコンピュータ能力 (typing, word processing and basic data entry)、familiarity using Microsoft Word/Excel
● ヒューマンスキル (communication, problem solving)
● 日本の運転免許証保持 (Japanese Driver's license)
● 埼玉支店、東京支店、大阪支店、千葉支店、神奈川支店、山梨支店、愛知支店、福岡支店にて勤務可能、または引っ越し可能 (Being able to work in the Saitama/Tokyo/Osaka/Chiba/Kanagawa/Yamanashi/Aichi/Fukuoka office, or willing to relocate)
[Preferred Points / 求める点]
While not required, preference will be given to applicants possessing one or more of the following:
[Benefits / 福利厚生]
● 完全週休2日制 （土・日） ※In case of Saturday/Sunday work, make-up day off will be arranged.
● ビザのスポンサー可 (Renewal)
● 交通費支給 (Following company regulations)
Other details of the position will be covered during the interview process.
Thank you for your interest in Borderlink. We’re looking forward to hearing from you!
*Only applicants who pass the initial screening will be contacted.*
*Please make sure to include all of your contact information when applying, so we can contact you in a timely manner.*
*If you previously worked with Borderlink, your application process will be expedited upon review.*
Last modified on 2023年1月1日
© 2023 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.
GaijinPot and CareerEngine are trademarks of GPlusMedia Inc. and part of the Gakken Group.