Interac West, one of the largest private providers of professional foreign teachers to the Japanese government through its ALT program, is looking to hire full-time Assistant Language Teachers (ALTs) in beautiful Kumamoto Prefecture.
Assistant Language Teacher (ALT) is a title coined by the Japanese Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (MEXT) to describe native-level English speakers working in Japanese public schools.
As an ALT in the Kumamoto Prefectural area you will teach in public Elementary and/or Junior High schools and become an essential part of your school and local community. Your job as an ALT is two-fold: language instructor and cultural ambassador.
*Working Hours: Up to 40 hours a week, Monday to Friday, with scheduled teaching hours between 8 am and 5 pm
*Salary Prorations: None (Note: the first and last month's salary may be pro-rated depending on the assignment start/end date)
*Insurances: Social (health and pension), Unemployment, Accident
*Future opportunities for promotion and transfer may be available.
*Holidays/Paid leave: Typically Saturdays, Sundays, New Year’s period, national holidays and 10 days paid leave (5 assigned by Link Interac) in the first contract, accrued after 3 months of full-time employment.
*Overtime: Occasional assignments for school festivals, events or camps outside of normal hours are compensated by time-off in exchange or overtime pay as mandated by law
*Compensated initial training, commuting expenses reimbursed, lease car option for assignments requiring driving
*Relocation support available for successful applicants.
Include, but are not limited to:
1. Meeting with Japanese teachers of English (JTE) and/or Home Room Teachers (HRT) to plan and prepare lessons, according to the school’s curriculum
2. Teaching 45 to 50 minute lessons to classes ranging from a few to up to 40 students at a time
3. Assisting JTE in evaluating students and providing feedback
4. Attending on-going skills and professional development training
5. Being available for other assignments related to your core duties as directed by Interac West.
Successful candidates will:
* Hold a valid residence/visa status for Japan.
* Be a university graduate with at least a bachelor’s degree.
* Have had at least 12 years of education where the medium of instruction was English.
* Ideally hold a Japanese driving license or a valid international permit.
* Ideally possess a teaching certification (TESOL, TEFL, CELTA etc.).
All details of employment will be confirmed with applicants who are offered a position prior to signing an employment contact with Interac West.
Thank you for your time and we are looking forward to receiving your application.
-The Interac West Team-
Last modified on 2023年1月5日
© 2023 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.
GaijinPot and CareerEngine are trademarks of GPlusMedia Inc. and part of the Gakken Group.