GPlus Media is looking for a fluent English writer to join our GaijinPot, Savvy Tokyo and Japan Today editorial team based in Tokyo. Ideally, you have experience in a media organization or related company and have previously written content across a variety of subjects for other outlets.
We need a multitasker who can fulfill several different roles with the ability to adapt to different writing styles across each of our channels — somebody who can get to know our different audiences, understand their motivations and write what they want to read. You should be a passionate storyteller, with a keen eye for trending content related to Japan.
Knowledge of SEO and how to best utilize online content is a big advantage as we work closely with our marketing team to continually grow our global readership. Social media savvy is also a big plus as you’ll be supporting the promotion of content across our various digital platforms.
The ideal candidate will also be able to demonstrate an insider’s understanding of life, current events and traditional/pop culture in Japan. Japanese language ability is not required but is a plus.
What you’ll be doing day-to-day:
- Writing and compiling original stories (short and long-form) related to Japan
- Editing and uploading content to our CMS system according to our strategic editorial calendar
- Copywriting to support the marketing of our brands, products, and services
- Working with the advertising sales team to support the production of sponsored content
- Occasional posting to social media accounts
- Assisting with other content creation where applicable, for example, video, photo projects, and PR/marketing events
This role isn’t strictly limited to a narrow job description in one department. So, if you’ve got some secret ninja skills up your sleeve — like photography, video editing, social media chops or imaginative podcast producing — then you’ll get to use it.
- Full-time, Monday to Friday
- 7.5 hours daily; Flextime with core office hours 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Transportation expenses
- Health/social insurance
- National pension scheme
- Paid holidays, Japanese national holidays, Christmas Day and birthday leave
- Annual bonus
- Awesome bunch of international co-workers
- Relaxed, friendly and creative office environment
- Visa sponsorship is available
What’s it like to work for GPlus Media?
At GPlus Media, every day is different. We’re a team of over 14 different nationalities, working in a bilingual environment that’s challenging and exciting to be a part of. Our range of media products and services is expanding fast, which means that there’s a lot of room for your creative input in terms of what content we produce and how we produce it.
© 2020 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.