Kspace International School is looking to hire a native Japanese teacher to fill a head teacher / senior assistant position. We are looking for bilingual, dedicated and motivated applicants with a passion for teaching who are looking to advance their career in education and work in a position of leadership and increased school responsibility.
The candidate must hold a relevant teaching qualification or have at least 3+ years of relevant teaching experience. The position offered is based on both experience and academic qualification. The ideal candidate is a native Japanese speaker with fluency/advanced English speaking skills.
In addition to day-to-day educational activities, successful applicants will be involved in curriculum and event planning, communicating with parents, writing end-of-term reports and team leadership.
- Qualified/experienced teacher
- 3+ years of relevant teaching experience
- Ability to prepare and teach classes with minimal supervision
- Identify students’ individual learning needs
- Energetic, positive and animated in the classroom
- Must be able to work in a full international, fast paced environment
- Must be a resilient, hard working, passionate and team focused teacher
- Full time and part time positions are available
- Regular working hours are 8:00– 18:00, 5 days a week
- ¥300,000-400,000/month (part time/full time - determined by qualifications and level of experience)
Benefits & Compensation:
- Teachers receive training in the RWI (Read Write Inc.) Phonics and Singapore Maths schemes and other transferable teaching skills.
- Usable and transferable experience & skills gained via regular teaching workshops held throughout the year.
- Half Term holidays (x3 per school year)
- Possible Summer/Winter holidays during school closure dates (dependant upon annual leave allowance and seniority)
- Social security & health insurance provided.
- Visa sponsorship opportunities might be available for senior level overseas applicants with appropriate language skills and background.
10 minutes walk from JR Shirokanedai station
Kspace was established in 2001 and offers a truly international environment for our families and students, situated in an exclusive and easily accessible area of central Tokyo, Shirokane. We offer an excellent platform for teachers to showcase their skills and use their creativity to the fullest, and have lots of freedom for artistic expression. We are a fully English speaking British owned entity, and our staff are mostly expatriates.
If you are passionate about teaching and want to bring vibrant lessons to an already colourful atmosphere, then Kspace could be a perfect fit.
NOTE: The candidate will be required to work in our Japanese/English bilingual programme, usually teaching in Japanese.
Please reply with your updated resume and a cover letter detailing relevant experiences and why you think you would be a great addition to the Kspace team.
Note: All professional communication at the school is in English.
We look forward to hearing from you soon.
© 2023 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.