We are looking for an organized and enthusiastic English teacher to work in a bilingual
kindergarten and to teach after school English classes to elementary students starting
April 2023. The position will be offered to candidates looking for a long-term position of at
least three (3) years. This teaching position will be located in Iwaki, Fukushima.
This is a full time position Monday thru Friday with occasional work on weekends for
special events. All classes will be taught using the highly successful, research-based
On-the-job training and professional development will be provided throughout the course of employment. You will also have theopportunity to work closely with two other excellent native teachers and an English-speaking Japanese staff who are highly supportive, organized,
This is an excellent opportunity to work directly with young children in a warm and
supportive school community.
● Teach daily English lessons to kindergarten classes using the GrapeSEED
curriculum and materials;
● Assist qualified and experienced Japanese kindergarten teachers in classroom
activities including P.E., lunch, arts and crafts, playground duty, and cleaning;
● Teach English lessons to small groups of elementary school students;
● Participate in and assist with special events throughout the year;
● Other duties as directed in relation to the students.
Salary: ¥280,000 yen/month
● Monday thru Friday
● Weekends [Occasionally] (Sports Day, Christmas Concert, Speech Contest, Field
● 1-2 years teaching experience (kindergarten/elementary preferred)
● Bachelor’s Degree
● Ability to work in a professional Japanese school environment and adapt to new
systems and teaching styles.
● Musically proficient in singing.
● Excellent problem-solving and multitasking skills.
● Enthusiasm for teaching and a willingness to get involved with the school.
● Instrumental talents OR understanding of music theory.
● Japanese language proficiency to communicate with Japanese teachers when
● Creative ability (arts and crafts)
● International or Japanese driver's license.
If interested, please send your updated resume, a recent photo of yourself (within the last 3
months), and any remaining questions you may have to our website.
© 2023 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.