Do you enjoy variety in your work week? Are you able to adapt to changes on the fly? And are you looking for a unique teaching position that will have you visiting new areas across Japan? Then we have an exciting opportunity for you!
The mobile ALT position is perfect for flexible individuals looking to gain a wide range of experience across different work environments. As an on-call substitute teacher, you'll be ready and able to travel for work in a variety of locations. While based in the Tokyo area, this position has the potential to work in other prefectures nationwide.
Please understand that this position requires the ability to drive in Japan, and a willingness to constantly travel and often stay overnight in new areas. There is no set schedule, and you will be asked to mobilize on short notice. We will help facilitate hotel arrangements and give you all the information you need to get to where you're needed. Every day is a new adventure, and you’re always making a difference!
● Contract period: April 2023 to March 2024
● Working hours: Between 8:00 am and 5:00 pm
● Salary Range: 280,000 yen-300,000 yen / month
● Location: Based in Osaka area with various long-distance assignments
Candidates must possess the following:
● Able to drive in Japan and holding a valid Japanese Driver’s License
● Hold a valid visa permitting work in Japan (tourist/temporary cannot be accepted)
● Be a native English speaker or have 12 years of education where English was the medium of instruction (i.e. the main language used in all subjects)
● Be a university graduate with a bachelor’s degree or higher
● Conversational-level Japanese abilities
● Flexible with the work schedule & conditions
● Open to traveling long distances and possibility of multi-night stays for work
Optional – Not required for this position, but highly welcome if you have the following:
● Prior ALT/teaching experience
Mobile ALTs enjoy:
● Enrollment in Social Insurance
● Overnight stay allowance (paid per # of nights)
● Assistance with visa sponsorship/renewal (where applicable)
● ALT training & assistance from our experienced support staff
● Access to teaching materials including worksheets and flashcards
● After completing the contract, those who wish to stay on with us in this position will get priority (based on evaluation)
[Believe In Your Possibility!]
If you are interested in this opportunity, we highly encourage you to send your application in and begin the process now. We are holding Skype interviews throughout the week and waiting for you. So don’t delay- apply today! Thank you for your interest in Borderlink. Let’s believe in your possibility together!
*Please note that as we receive a high number of applicants, only those who pass the initial screening will be contacted for an interview.
*Please make sure to include all of your contact information when applying, so we can contact you in a timely manner.*
*If you previously worked with Borderlink, your application process will be expedited.*
© 2023 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.