K. International School Tokyo (KIST) is seeking a certified and experienced Japanese Language Acquistion teacher to join its Secondary School instructional team from the 2023-2024 school year commencing August 2023. An ability to additionally teach Japanese Language and Literature or Spanish Language Acquisition would be an advantage.
Applications will be accepted from persons from any national background; however, advanced proficiency in Japanese, with communicative competency in English is essential. Applicants should have strong interpersonal and communication skills and a proven capacity to work collaboratively with colleagues. In addition, applicants should have a genuine interest in children and should be patient and flexible. IT skills are also essential.
In order to ensure a quality education for students, KIST employs only certified and experienced teachers. To be eligible for employment, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- University degree (minimum Bachelor's degree).
- Certification to teach school aged children. This refers to actual classroom teaching certification or credentials through recognized professional teacher registration authorities.
- Minimum two years' full-time teaching experience relevant to the position.
Working hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. with 60 minutes total break time, Monday through Friday. A number of Saturdays are also scheduled as mandatory work days throughout the year for annual school events (working hours may vary). Attendance at a number of evening events during the year may also be required.
Applications must be complete and should contain:
1) A complete resume, including details of qualifications and relevant experience.
2) A cover letter outlining experience related to the position and explaining the specific aspects of KIST that interest you.
3) A one-page statement outlining your personal philosophy of education.
4) Contact details for at least two recent professional references, including most recent supervisors.
5) A recent photograph.
6) Personal details, including information on any dependents.
7) Details of visa status and expiry (for non-Japanese nationals).
© 2023 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.