Thank you for your interest in working for Project Genius, a concern of Korakuen English Centre. We aim to be the premier English language consultancy firm for private secondary schools in Japan.
Our client school for this position located in Tokyo within walking distance of Kugayama station. The school consists of both a junior and senior high school. The school admits both boys and girls but students are taught in single gender classes.
We are looking for someone who can work a full-time schedule and currently lives within a reasonable door-to-door commuting distance to the school campus.
This position starts from April, 2023
Our compensation package includes (a Japanese school year based renewable contract):
● A monthly salary of ¥280,000 per month. If very experienced in curriculum design and making lesson plans, we can add a bit more.
● Salary is not reduced during summer, winter, and spring vacations.
● Transportation expenses are fully compensated.
Our ideal candidate:
● currently lives within a reasonable door-to-door commuting distance to the school campus.
● has a bachelor's degree from an accredited institution. A TESOL certificate from an accredited program or college is advantageous but not required.
● has at least one year experience teaching at a public or private secondary school in Japan.
● is comfortable with both solo and team-teaching classes with over 40 students
● is able to create and teach lessons for students who vary in interest and ability.
● can work full time Monday to Friday during regular school hours (generally 830 to 430) while also being willing to participate in weekend and off campus events such as sports days and open houses if asked.
● can take the initiative when needed but is also able to work as a team player with both Japanese and non-Japanese teachers to work within an established curriculum.
● can keep a positive attitude while building relationships with staff and teachers, Japanese and non-Japanese, at large, conservative school with several teacher’s rooms spread across the campus, as well as with our off-site office and executive team.
● possesses native English-level proficiency.
● wants paid summer, winter, and spring holidays.
Candidates whose resumes and cover letters show that they meet these requirements and who we feel will be a good match for the school will be contacted for an interview through ZOOM.
Due to the number of resumes we receive we are unable to contact all applicants, but we do keep resumes on file and if you do not hear from us for this position, we may contact you in the future if a more suitable position becomes available.
© 2023 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.