Thank you for your interest in working for Project Genius, a concern of Korakuen English Centre. We aim to be the premier English language consultancy firm for private secondary schools in Japan.
Our client school for this position is an all-boys private junior and senior high school. The closest station is Setagaya on Keio Line, although those who are willing to have a bit of a longer walk can get off at other stations on the Tokyu Setagaya Line and the Odakyu Line.
We are looking for someone who can work a five day a week schedule from Monday to Friday. In addition to teaching regular EFL classes you will also be asked to spend time in an area of the school where students can only talk in English. The school wants our teacher to spend as much time as possible with their students to provide them with many opportunities to practice English.
This position starts from April 2023
Our compensation package includes:
• a Japanese school year based renewable contract.
• a monthly salary of ¥280,000 per month.
• a monthly salary that is not reduced during summer, winter, and spring vacations.
• transportation expenses that are fully compensated.
Our ideal candidate:
• enjoys spending time and talking with students outside classes.
• has earned a bachelor's degree from an accredited institution.
• can arrive at the school within one hour from their home.
• has at least one year experience teaching at a public or private secondary school in Japan.
• is comfortable with both solo and team teaching classes of up to 40 students.
• can design and teach their own regular EFL lessons and is happy to share their lesson ideas and plans with other teachers at the school while being able to teach lessons made by their colleagues.
• is a team player who can work well with both Japanese and non-Japanese teachers within an established curriculum but can take the initiative when needed.
• keeps a positive attitude while working closely with the staff and teachers, Japanese and non-Japanese, at our client school as well as with our off-site office and executive team.
• speaks English at a native-level proficiency.
We will give special consideration to candidates who:
• have experience teaching EIKEN.
• have a TESOL-certificate from an accredited institution.
• have experience designing or working in a school English conversation lounge.
Candidates whose resumes and cover letters show that they meet these requirements and who we feel will be a good match for the school will be contacted for an interview (through Zoom).
Due to the number of resumes we receive we are unable to contact all applicants, but we do keep resumes on file and if you do not hear from us for this position, we may contact you in the future if a more suitable position becomes available.
© 2023 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.