Marketing and Member Relations
IBA Japan is a trade association that represents the interests of foreign banks, securities firms and other financial services firms based in Japan. It is a well-respected voice for the international banking community to the Japanese authorities and other stakeholders. It is a forum for members to share information and experiences and provides a range of member services. (For more information about IBA Japan see: www.ibajapan.org).
The IBA Japan Secretariat is small (in total a staff of six) but supports members in the planning, coordination, and execution of all its activities. This position is available from January 2020 and the post holder will report to the Secretary General.
The job holder will be responsible for the following activities:
• Gauges demand, plans, liaises with speakers and all associated tasks in co-ordinating IBA Japan’s extensive seminar programme. These are held throughout the year and the post holder helps in the sourcing of speakers, shaping content to meet members’ requirements and associated administrative tasks.
• Engages in relationship management with members to recognize their needs, raise awareness of the Association’s activities and gain an understanding of their business activities.
• Is responsible for the content, look and feel, and maintenance of the website and social media outlets.
• Develops marketing materials to enhance IBA Japan’s brand and complement the Association’s various activities.
• Writes minutes to various IBA Japan committee meetings.
• Carries out various administrative activities.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
The post holder is likely to have the following profile:
• University degree.
• Work experience (including experience in Japan), in financial services, marketing, public relations, government, a non-profit organization, or in a related field.
• Good organizational and relationship management skills.
• Strong interpersonal qualities.
• Native level English and good business-level Japanese skills.
• Good written and oral presentation communication skills.
• Familiarity with office IT software and capacity to manage IBA Japan Website.
• A flexible approach and willingness to take on new challenges.
• This job will be offered on contract (which is renewable).
• The salary is negotiable.
HOW TO APPLY:
• Please apply through CareerEngine https://japan.careerengine.org by 6th December 2019, with a covering letter explaining why you are interested in this position and why you are suitable.
• Expected interview dates will be in Dec.
• Candidates may be asked to undertake a written exercise.
© 2019 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.