Are you looking for fun and excitement in your teaching career?
Do you enjoy the relaxed lifestyle of the suburbs?
Are you interested in working in Tokyo but still be able to travel to other prefectures with ease?
If so, we have the ultimate opportunity for you!
Borderlink is currently seeking Assistant Language Teachers (ALTs) for full-time and part-time positions in Kita Ward in Tokyo. These positions start from April 2020, and are an excellent opportunity to further your teaching career right in the heart of Tokyo. It's perfect for those seeking further experience in the classroom in an easily-accessible location. ALTs will be provided a yearly calendar which will help manage their other commitments.
[About the Position]
ALTs work in public elementary and junior high schools, teaching alongside Japanese teachers. As an ALT, you become a part of your students' lives as you help and guide them through an entirely new world that's second nature to you- English. You'll not only teach lessons, plan activities and make materials; you'll make the language "real" by interacting with students throughout the day to help them actively apply what they learn in class. Ideal ALT candidates are flexible with their teaching style and want to make a positive impact on the lives of the students.
● Location: Kita Ward, Tokyo
● Contract Period: April 2020 to March 2021
● Contract Type: Daily (Part-Time)
● Level: Elementary schools
● Salary range: 12,500 yen to 13,500 yen (daily rate)
In addition to requirements stated above, successful candidates must:
● Already be living in Japan and hold a valid visa permitting work
● Be a native speaker of English or equivalent
● Have conversational level Japanese & able to communicate with teachers
● Have good communication skills and patience
● Be able to commit to the entire length of the contract (until March 2021)
● Have a minimum of 3 years of English teaching experience in Japan with at least 1 year being ALT work
● Must currently reside in Japan with valid working visa (sorry, we cannot accept Tourist or Temporary visas)
We provide initial training before you start and continuing training throughout the year. We also supply you with teaching materials and access to our library of educational resources (worksheets, flashcards, etc.) With all these tools in your kit, you'll be able to build onto what you've learned elsewhere to become a highly-valued and experienced teacher.
Other benefits include:
● Visa assistance (where applicable)
● Help with relocation & finding housing
● Round-the-clock support
● Work regular school hours and enjoy free evenings, weekends and national holidays, plus school vacation periods.
● ALTs will also be provided a yearly calendar to help manage their other commitments.
[About Kita Ward, Tokyo]
Another of the 23 special wards, Kita is located on the edge of central Tokyo. Although it is part of the greater city of Tokyo, it has a distinct homey feel. Kita Ward boasts a lot of nature, including Asukayama park and the Arakawa and Sumida Rivers, but also great access to everywhere you want to go in Saitama and Tokyo. The English program in Kita is very advanced, with Kita having its own original curriculum. English classes even start from grade 1 in elementary school. If you think you would like the chance to teach in many different grade levels, then this is the place for you!
Borderlink is well-known and respected among schools and boards of education. We provide a level of training and after-placement support unparalleled among ALT companies, including relocation assistance and visa sponsorship. Recently we've been expanding, and are looking to create a strong roster of ALTs across the country We're ready to believe in your possibility, and help you realize your potential as a teacher. Many in our management team began as ALTs or teachers themselves, and over the years accumulated the knowledge and skills to pass on to others. At Borderlink, there's always room for growth, both as individuals and as a team.
[Are You Ready? Apply Now!]
If this sounds like the opportunity you've been waiting for, we are accepting applications now! We conduct Skype interviews regularly throughout the week, and welcome applicants from all over Japan.
We're waiting to hear from you, so please apply today! And thank you for your interest in working with Borderlink!
*Please note that as we receive a high number of applicants, only those who pass the initial screening will be contacted for an interview.
The above information is a public job ad. This job ad is neither an offer nor a contract.
© 2020 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.
GaijinPot and CareerEngine are trademarks of GPlusMedia Inc. and part of the Fujisankei Communications Group.