Intralink is seeking an enthusiastic and energetic candidate with excellent oral presentation, analytical and written skills for the position of Business Development – Market Entry Specialist.
Candidates must be native or near-native English speakers with fluent spoken and written Japanese (JLPT level 1 or equivalent) and should have worked in Japan for a minimum of 2 years preferably in business or a relevant technology sector such as telecoms, clean-tech, energy, CE, engineering, software, electronics, heavy industry, biotech or semiconductors.
The Intralink Tokyo office is a bilingual working environment of fluent Japanese- speaking westerners located close to Shimbashi Station. This appointment is the ideal opportunity for someone interested in working with western hi-tech companies in a business development, sales and project management role. The role offers the successful candidate valuable career-building experience and an unparalleled opportunity to work with cutting-edge technologies from Europe and the US and the leading Japanese companies that adopt these technologies for integration into products.
As a Japan market entry specialist based in Tokyo, your focus will be on 'hands-on' business development. You will work as part of a small team and your responsibilities will be broad-ranging to develop and implement detailed market entry and business development strategies with the goal of securing the best, long- term solution for our clients via:
• Planning, research and analysis using information gathered in Japanese and English from the internet, phone calls and face-to-face meetings
• Identifying, contacting and meeting Japanese target customers/partners
• Driving business discussions through presentation, evaluation and
prototyping phases through to negotiation and design-in
• Interpretation and technical liaison between client and customer engineers
• Writing regular meeting notes and reports (in English) for clients
• Native or near-native English with strong oral and written presentation skills
• Fluent spoken and written business Japanese
• Minimum of two years experience working in Japan
• Interest in technologies and related products
In addition, candidates with the following experience will be given preference:
• Experience in sales/business development in Japan
• Experience working in technology, such as consumer electronics,
telecommunications, semiconductors or biotechnology
• A degree in science, engineering or business
• Strong technical skills
Last modified on September 2, 2019
The above information is a public job ad. This job ad is neither an offer nor a contract.
© 2023 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.
GaijinPot and CareerEngine are trademarks of GPlusMedia Inc. and part of the Gakken Group.