T-Mark Inc. is a growing interactive agency with offices in the United States and Japan. We are looking for an experienced system administrator to become the primary system administrator.
Ideal candidate will thrive on working with servers, both physical and cloud based, in a fast paced environment. Enjoys working closely with a diverse team of programmers, project managers, and management. Ensuring that servers are compliant with government regulations along with client contracts, while maintaining a high level of up-time. Ensuring environments are setup and deployed properly for fast and efficient development of client applications. Having a drive for continued learning and being able to to communicate with others, is a must.
- Set up, monitor, and troubleshoot servers and network issues
- Prepare documentation and processes on servers to ensure servers are compliant with client contracts and government regulations
- Creation of records of daily monitoring
- Draft recommendations on our server infrastructure and monitoring
- Server maintenance (security patches, updates, etc)
- Strong in bash and command line tools
- Familiar with the installation and administration of commonly used web development packages, including Apache, PHP, Django, Wordpress, MySQL, and Postgres
- Should have strong command of at least one commonly used system administration language, Perl or Python preferred
- Experience with networks and troubleshooting networking issues
- An ableness to work with physical hardware
- Good oral & written communication skills.
- A passion for technology
- Ability to work with team members from different variety of backgrounds and skillsets
- Understanding of server monitoring software or experience setting up server monitoring
- Experience with automation tools or libraries
- Familiarity with version control, git preferred
- Background in web development
- Experience with 27001 compliance
- Basic Japanese language ability
- Knowledge of the LAMP stack
Last modified on September 2, 2019
The above information is a public job ad. This job ad is neither an offer nor a contract.
© 2023 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.
GaijinPot and CareerEngine are trademarks of GPlusMedia Inc. and part of the Gakken Group.