The Stress Engineer is an experienced engineer with knowledge of structural requirements, analysis techniques, testing methods, and documentation procedures and applies this knowledge for the structural evaluation of aircraft interior products to ensure compliance to applicable requirements. He/She supports design engineering and certification with regards to the mechanical evaluation during all phases of product development. This position reports to the Stress Engineering Manager.
Summary of Duties:
1. Know and understand regulatory requirements, customer specifications and C&D specifications.
2. Prepare structural substantiation documents which include stress analysis, static test plans, static test results, interface loads analysis, comparative analysis, and weight summary.
3. Review all relevant technical specifications for the project.
4. Understand engineering drawing systems.
5. Generate finite element models or rigid body analysis using Nastran (or equivalent software).
6. Consistently communicate with Program/Engineering Managers and Project Engineers to provide structural feedback and status their portion of the project.
7. Participate in design reviews (kick off, preliminary design review (PDR) and critical design reviews CDR).
8. Approve drawings and engineering change notices (ECNs) for structural airworthiness at Configuration Control Board (CCB) meetings.
9. Use MathCAD for formal documentation of stress analysis calculations.
10. Understand material properties, material test methods and processes to obtain material design values.
11. Be proficient with static test equipment, fixtures and procedures.
12. Know and apply Stress Engineering Manual, CDE4000.
All employees have an affirmative duty to protect and maintain the confidentiality of C&D products.
As business conditions change it is necessary that all employees productively react and handle other essential tasks as assigned now or in the future.
Tasks may vary slightly based on products produced at division.
Last modified on September 2, 2019
The above information is a public job ad. This job ad is neither an offer nor a contract.
© 2023 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.
GaijinPot and CareerEngine are trademarks of GPlusMedia Inc. and part of the Gakken Group.