Machinovate is the best reviewed tour operator and a leading destination management company in Central Japan. We offer a range of services for inbound travelers and foreign residents including tours in Nagano and nearby prefectures along with travel / ski packages, accommodation, transport and more. Our tours provide guests with a fun and informative experience of Japanese culture led by English-speaking or Chinese-speaking guides, while our website provides users with detailed information about Japan along with pages covering all regions of the country and direct sales of our tours and other services.
To expand our business to major tourist destinations in Japan, we are looking for new staff members who are located in Nagoya.
This role is ideally-suited to applicants wanting to establish a long-term career in Japan with true potential for professional growth, a varied and dynamic work environment, and key responsibilities in a leading destination management company.
This role necessitates a natural enthusiasm for life in Japan, an ability to communicate well with others (including groups and a range of nationalities), punctuality and professionalism in all aspects of your work, basic record-keeping and money handling, and a willingness to adapt to the needs, expectations, and personalities of guests, partner organizations and colleagues. Applicants must have fluent spoken and written English, with an ability to produce high-quality written content quickly, consistently and independently for publication on our website and in printed material.
We are seeking to add to our team with a full-time position for the right candidate. Applicants living in Nagoya. Experience with tour guiding in Japan or abroad is advantageous however not essential. Applicants must have fluent English and a minimum of basic to conversational Japanese.
- Guiding tours in each destination with group sizes ranging from single travelers to large groups of 20+.
You will be also asked to handle private tours. With the itinerary customized and based on the guest’s preferences.
- Handling email and phone correspondence in English regarding tour and travel package bookings, quotations, general inquiries, and other matters including communication with travel agents and partner organizations.
- Identifying opportunities for new tours including creation of itineraries and conducting trial tours at potential areas in the destinations.
- Responsibility for training and managing part-time guides - both foreign residents and Japanese
- including interviewing potential new guides.
- Writing online content for the Snow Monkey Resorts website along with affiliated websites. This requires an ability to write quickly, clearly and concisely for a broad / international audience, with pages ranging from a couple of hundred words to large-scope / detailed pages of thousands of words. You will also be required to produce written content for printed material.
- Involvement in sales activities including attending meetings with partner organizations and other parties with a likelihood of some overnight business travel at various times throughout the year.
- Responsibility for the Snow Monkey Resorts social media accounts including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram including creation of content
5 days work per week (9:00 to 18:00) based on the work shift
As a tourism company, this role will involve work on some weekends and public holidays with flexible work hours and an increased workload during our peak season.
We operate every day of the year; a typical tour involves around 8 to 10 hours of actual guiding.
2 days off per week and designated public holidays during low season.
Paid leaves: 10 days on the 1st year with extra 1 day added every year.
【Condition and Benefits】
Probation period: 3 months
Conditions during the probation period: The same conditions
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: ¥250,000 - ¥350,000 per month
(The monthly salary includes 45 hours of overtime allowance )
Rates of pay are dependent on the experience of the applicant and will be discussed at the interview.
Salary is revised in March every year based on the personal evaluation.
Bonuses are determined in March of each year based on personal evaluation and company performance.
Insurance: Health insurance / social insurance/ employment insurance
Commute transportation expense: Support up to ¥15,000 per month
Support for work from home / ¥15,000 per month
To apply for a position with us,
•including your place of residence and visa/work rights status in Japan
•including a photograph
STEP 1: Apply online
STEP 2: Document review
STEP 3: Online interview
STEP 4: interview in person
Please note that due to the volume of applications only successful candidates will be contacted.
Please also feel free to contact us with any questions you may have. We look forward to hearing from you!
Last modified on March 1, 2024
The above information is a public job ad. This job ad is neither an offer nor a contract.
© 2024 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.
GaijinPot and CareerEngine are trademarks of GPlusMedia Inc. and part of the Gakken Group.