[Overview About MAX Kindergarten]
Based in Tokyo, Max is an International Kindergarten that reimagines education. By taking the best practices from multi-language immersion, Reggio Emilia Approach, and project-based learning, we strive to meet children’s needs in an innovative, diverse, and loving environment that breaks the conventional walls of traditional early education. We offer a broad-spectrum learning environment designed to encourage creativity, tenacity, matureness, and multilingual communication skills for children. In Max, the educators use primarily English to set topics for exploration and encourage children to take on projects they are passionate about, while also fostering the development of a multitude of skills.
MAX international kindergarten requires enthusiastic and experienced individuals for the position of Saturday Program Teacher, working with young learners aged from 3 to 6 years old. Candidates must be native English speakers. Applicants should have a background in early childhood education and teaching experience in a school setting. Preference will be given to teachers currently in Japan with more than three years of experience, and candidates who have early education certifications and licenses.
[Detailed Job Responsibilities]
- Teach lessons on English, arithmetic, science, morals and music to children between 1.5 to 6 years old on Saturday Program.
- Collaborate in a team to develop lesson plan and organize both indoor and outdoor activities.
- Assisted nursery staff in children's daily routine, including diaper changing, toilet training, etc
- Build positive relationships with their students’ families by providing feedbacks of children’s progress.
- Participate in and assist with school events and camps as required.
- Other tasks as determined by supervisors.
- Native-level English. Bilingual in Japanese or Chinese is preferred, but not required.
- BA or BS from an accredited university or college.
- Experience working at a preschool or kindergarten. IB, PBL, or Reggio experience is preferred.
- Early childhood certification is preferred.
- Preschool or kindergarten teacher qualifications are strongly preferred.
- Experience with toddler childcare is strongly preferred (such as potty training)
- Saturday: from 9:30 am to 4:30 pm
- Weekday work, or full-time position is also negotiable depending on the qualification of the candidates.
- ¥1,800 – ¥3,500 /hour (Negotiable depending on experience and qualifications)
- A raise in salary is available to teachers with satisfactory evaluations.
- Transportation fees are reimbursed.
Teachers who have proven themselves with excellent performance evaluations can earn full-time status with benefits. Max kindergarten will consider a full-time position for promising candidates.
- Headquarter of MAX International School (Near Takadanobaba Station 高田馬場)
- 東京新宿区高田馬場２-14-2 新陽ビル 1F
Last modified on March 13, 2023
The above information is a public job ad. This job ad is neither an offer nor a contract.
© 2023 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.
GaijinPot and CareerEngine are trademarks of GPlusMedia Inc. and part of the Gakken Group.