【A Unique Teaching Position Up North】
Agano City is seeking a dedicated, professional and reliable teacher to spearhead its English teaching program this April. The responsibilities of this position go beyond those of being an assistant teacher and it's the perfect position for experienced educators looking for new challenges. If you are interested in taking them on yourself, please read the details carefully (including all requirements) and apply today!
● Contract Period: April 2023 to March 2024
● Working Locations: Community centers in Agano City
● General Working Days: Between Monday to Friday (29.5 hours per week)
● General Working Hours: Between 13:00 to 20:00*
*From 10:00 once a month for kindergarten visit
● Enrollment in Social Insurance
● Personalized, friendly support from our team that includes assistance with end-of-year tax forms, setting up a bank account, & hassle-free visa renewal
● Year-round paid training sessions (including orientation/initial training)
● Paid Leave Days (as stipulated by the contract)
● Access to teaching materials and our library of educational resources (worksheets, flashcards, etc.) & free consultation with veteran ALTs to help you
● Teach on weekdays, leaving weekends and national holidays free
● Possibility of contract renewal, priority for future positions and/or advancement in the company based on performance and skills
● For those looking to relocate to the Agano area, we can support you in finding and securing an apartment.
● Be a university graduate with a bachelor's degree or higher in any field.
● Hold a valid residence/visa status that permits work in Japan
● Have had a minimum of 12 years of education where the main language of instruction in all classes was English (Native-level English proficiency)
● Be a team player; energetic, upbeat and flexible
● Be in good health and able to fulfill requests from schools and the company
● Able to commit to the position until the end of the contract (*renewal is possible based on evaluation)
● Able to work with a wide variety of learners (children to adults)
● Prior teaching experience in Japan
● This position requires driving, so candidates should hold a valid Japanese Driver's License or International Driving Permit and be comfortable using a car to commute frequently throughout the day. Those who do not own a vehicle can lease a company car from us.
【About Agano City, Niigata Prefecture (新潟県阿賀野市) 】
Just outside of Niigata City, Agano is located in north-central Niigata Prefecture and sereved by the JR Uetsu Line. The Agano River runs along the west side of the city, and to the east is Mount Gozu. A third of the area is covered in mountains and forests, with another third being farmland. This makes Agano fairly easy to traverse by car, as it mixes city and country all in one place. Agano is an agricultural area, with many rice paddies and farms, but it also an industrial sector. Local attractions include the Yasuda Tile Road, numerous hot springs, and Suntopia World amusement park. With fresh country air but also suburban conveniences, Agano is a great place to settle down and live in!
We are accepting applications now! We screen every application ourselves and conduct Skype interviews regularly throughout the business week and weekends. We are also holding weekend orientation sessions for those living and/or studying in Japan; please let us know if you are interested in joining when you apply. Applicants from all over Japan are welcome, and as mentioned, we can provide help finding housing to those looking to move. Those able to drive in Japan will have a greater choice of positions available to them. Thank you for your interest in working with Borderlink - we're waiting to hear from you now!
*Please note that as we receive a high number of applicants, only those who pass the initial screening will be contacted for an interview.*
*If you previously worked with Borderlink, your application process can be expedited after evaluation.*
Last modified on March 13, 2023
The above information is a public job ad. This job ad is neither an offer nor a contract.
© 2023 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.
GaijinPot and CareerEngine are trademarks of GPlusMedia Inc. and part of the Gakken Group.