- Proofreading localization of Japanese websites, social media, and smartphone apps
- Copywriting for different IT-related products
- Researching similar services UI in order to be able to explain your localization choices to the client
- Discussing localization with the client (mainly over written text)
- Proofreading manga translations (both before and after typesetting)
- Writing original short articles based on anime/gaming trends
- Writing captions for social media promotion of anime-related goods
- Creation of translation guidelines (for in-house purposes)
As a member of the Animate Group, we provide full-service localization, from translation to promotion overseas, for Japanese entertainment companies.
Our mission is to create, localize, and deliver a unique experience to the world.
We are professionals who not only translate, but also consider each region's culture, history, politics, and religion to help clients create content that truly matches their fans' desires and lets them enjoy Japan's unique entertainment.
Over 90% of our current employees are foreign nationals who are all fans themselves and apply their enthusiasm to their daily office duties.
We are looking for a native English speaker who enjoys Japanese (and non) anime, manga, games, and likes to keep themselves updated on the latest trends.
- Have at least 2 years of experience in localizing JA-EN
- Have a deep interest in the anime/otaku culture
- Be a native English speaker with an understanding of the cultural/language differences between Japanese and Western culture
- Be able to translate and edit text applying existing guidelines and come up with updates for them
- Speak Japanese at N2 level or above (to be verified during the interview)
- Have an interest in social media platforms and their communities (Twitter, Twitch, Facebook, DeviantArt, etc.)
- Can compare various similar web services and spot what each pros and cons are
- Being able to use Photoshop/ClipStudio is a plus
- UIUX study background is a plus
- Is used to working 8 hours in front of a computer
- Is able to bond with co-workers even when they are completely working remote
- Can work remotely, communicating via chat or call (Slack)
- Has attention to details such as minor punctuation mistakes, etc.
Monday to Friday, weekends off, 8 hours per working day.
Superflex system is available.
The possibility to work remotely is available.
Higashi Ikebukuro 3chome
About the Application:
The first interview will be held online.
Our company website is outdated, so please refer to this post for the job overview.
This job has little to do with translating game scenarios. You will be translating websites, such as UI, news articles, press releases, writing original promotion captions, such as tweets and Facebook posts.
While we are looking for a full-time proofreader, we are also open to applicants wishing to work part-time doing translation, completely remotely.
The above information is a public job ad. This job ad is neither an offer nor a contract.
© 2022 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.
GaijinPot and CareerEngine are trademarks of GPlusMedia Inc. and part of the Gakken Group.