Executive Assistant to Minister-Counsellor (Political)
This position provides Executive Assistant support to the Minister-Counsellor (Political) and also provides administrative support to the Embassy Executive and other senior staff in the Embassy as required, including assistance with Embassy-wide events and visits on a regular basis.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and related travel restrictions, this opportunity is open only for candidates who are currently based in Japan, or are eligible to enter Japan under one of Japan’s permitted categories by the start date of the position.
※ A completed Job Application Cover Sheet and your English Resume must be submitted by 21 October 2021, 9 a.m. Please visit the website for more details.
※ Please refer to the Australian Embassy Website (Job Opportunities) for further information regarding key descriptions and conditions of service.
※ Please note an Australian Government security clearance is required for this position.
To be eligible to apply for an Australian Government security clearance applicants must be Australian citizens, or citizens of New Zealand, UK, USA or Canada.
Some of the key responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
• Provide bilingual support to the Embassy’s executive as required
• Arrange and manage Minister-Counsellor’s diary.
• Liaise and co-ordinate with external contacts and internal staff across Embassy sections regarding schedules and appointments for executive staff, ensuring contingencies are covered
• Prepare guest lists, draft and dispatch invitations, manage responses, co-ordinate catering, room bookings and logistical requirements for Executive and other section’s events. Assist in a team or individually with logistics for/during functions
• Assist with the provision of support services during high level visits, including staffing of temporary offices
• Liaison with other Embassies in Tokyo (particularly those with accreditation to Australia), and with relevant agencies in Canberra, concerning bilateral issues, and the handling of related administrative and protocol issues
You will only be contacted should you be successful in gaining an interview.
Thank you for your interest in working for the Australian Embassy Tokyo.
Last modified on October 21, 2021
The above information is a public job ad. This job ad is neither an offer nor a contract.
© 2023 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.
GaijinPot and CareerEngine are trademarks of GPlusMedia Inc. and part of the Gakken Group.