Pay: 2000/ hour
Location: Ryokuchikoen Station, Suita, Osaka
Hours: 6-20/ week
Travel compensation available
Visa sponsorship possible
English Station is seeking several English teachers for elementary and preschool students. Available classes are 2-5 days per week, Tuesday through Saturday. Curriculum will be provided for most classes, but teachers are welcome and encouraged to make creative adjustments according to their students’ needs.
English Station is a new English program opening in Suita, Osaka. We focus on after-school English classes for elementary-aged children, but will also offer programs for older kids and adults. Our aim is to boost our students’ confidence and self-awareness as global citizens through fun and energetic English language education. We will offer skill-based electives (such as video production, rhythm, and art classes) in addition to our more traditional, textbook-based classes. We believe that the most important thing teachers do is build trusting, supportive relationships with their students, helping students express themselves honestly and effectively.
We teach children- not curriculum. We do not aim to manufacture English-speaking robots. We want to cultivate complex, healthy, and humorous English-speaking human beings.
Tuesday/ Thursday afternoon
Wednesday/ Friday afternoon
Please specify which times you would prefer to work in your application.
• Native English speaker (any variety)
• Currently residing in Japan (preferably northern Osaka)
• Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, TESL/ TEFL Certificate, or comparable teaching experience
• Reliable, energetic, responsible, and caring
Ideal candidates for this position will…
• Be comfortable and happy working in a close-knit, multicultural environment.
• Be a skilled communicator with English learners and colleagues of various levels and ages.
• Be passionate about the growth and well‐being of their students.
• Be curious about Japanese language and culture.
• Have a growth mindset.
Extra preference will be given to candidates with technical/ artistic skills who are willing to help develop and teach elective curriculum. We also prefer teachers who can commit to completing the academic year with their students.
In your application, please include the following:
• Cover letter (no longer than one page)
• CV or Resume
• Photo or PDF of your university degree
The above information is a public job ad. This job ad is neither an offer nor a contract.
© 2021 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.
GaijinPot and CareerEngine are trademarks of GPlusMedia Inc. and part of the Fujisankei Communications Group.