About our Company
With over 17 million pumps produced annually and over 19,000 employees in more than 55 countries, Grundfos is today one of the world’s leading manufacturer of pumps and pumping systems. Our products satisfy the markets’ needs for effective, reliable, and highly efficient solutions. We contribute to global sustainability by pioneering water technologies that improve quality of life for people and care for the planet.
Purpose of the Job
The mission of the Machining Industry Business Center (MIBC) team is to ensure Grundfos remains a leading player in the Machine tool (MT) marketplace, by serving our global, regional and local Machine tool (MT) customers across the entire value chain.
The key responsibility of the Machining Industry Business Center (MIBC) Key Account Manager (KAM) is to ensure we have all aspects of an appealing and relevant value proposition to the market and in particular to the prioritized key accounts customers.
The goal is to ensure Grundfos is continuously engaged in the customers’ specification and road-mapping activities and through a close customer collaboration providing the best on most competitive pump solution to their applications. Your commercial expertise and technical know-how make Grundfos the obvious choice and preferred advisor for our Machine tool key account customers.
As Key Account Manager (KAM) you will pair up with the MIBC Technical Key Account Managers (TKAM) in our team to serve the top priority customers defined as Key Accounts. The role location is very flexible and can be based either in Nagoya/Tokyo, Japan.
- Global values-driven organization
- Great team culture and positive work environment
- Wide range of employee benefits
- Access to extensive internal training with global career development opportunities
• The ideal candidate will be responsible for regional and global frame agreements, all aspects included, from legal commercial, quality, and delivery perspective
• Overall sales responsible for the assigned accounts with defined commercial targets, covering both global/regional KAs and local accounts. Customer’s #1 Headquarters “go-to” Grundfos representative
• Develop account plans and manage accordingly, incl. pricing and terms & conditions, customer profitability, customer engagement, and customer delivery covering global/local alignment where needed
• Build awareness of Grundfos’ abilities in the Machine Tool (MT) sector and ensure Grundfos remain as "preferred supplier" with our MT customers
• Supervise the market network (e.g. trade fairs, associations, committees)
• Develop and manage relations with customers’ key commercial decision-makers (e.g. technical department, procurement, plant managers), wherever they are located.
• Develop and manage the sales pipeline, i.e. drive relationship-building activities into opportunities to be managed initially as leads, then opportunities, then sales orders (This includes structured offer tracking and proactive follow-up on new opportunities)
• Manages issues proactively and reactively. Addressing quotations, orders, cross-border activities, delivery, warranty, service & quality, internal coordination
• Provide content for marketing material and train/onboard local sales employees with Technical Key Account Managers
• Provide input to customer road-mapping driven by customer and application insights
• Provide input to identification of end-to-end capability gaps hindering the success of new offerings + propose plans to close critical gaps
• Monitor and keep up to date on overall market needs – market knowledge, customers, competitors, application & market trends
• Share insights and work closely with business developers and Technical Key Account Managers
Skills and Experience Required:
• A degree in engineering, ideally in the fields of mechanical, electrical, process, or industrial engineering
• At least 10 to 15 years of relevant working experience
• Strong commercial understanding and experience from customer-facing roles, especially key account management of multinational companies
• Strategic thinking in terms of linking end-users strategic agenda with specific opportunities for Grundfos
• Experience of project sales model covering financial, legal, and compliance elements while navigating a complex stakeholder landscape
• Application and product technical knowledge/experience from the industry a plus
• The existing network in the sector is a plus
• Experience in automation and communication (IoT)
• Strong presentation and communication skills
• High willingness to travel
• Good Technology skills (MS Office, Outlook, CRM, and BW)
• Fluent in English, preferably also a native Japanese speaker, and/or Mandarin or any other languages is a plus
If this sounds like you, please click the 'Apply' button to progress with your application.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Please note that we will only prioritize local citizens/permanent residency visa holders of the country.
If you want to dig deeper into the Grundfos universe, please visit our Grundfos YouTube Channel here or on Facebook
Grundfos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The above information is a public job ad. This job ad is neither an offer nor a contract.
© 2021 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.
GaijinPot and CareerEngine are trademarks of GPlusMedia Inc. and part of the Fujisankei Communications Group.