1021 Creative is looking for an Assistant Manager to guide a project team in delivering editorial and research services related to trending videos for our client in Japan. This role requires a desire for collaborative problem-solving and the ability to find innovative solutions through conversation and exchange of ideas with the 1021 team. A strong ability to foster open and timely communication is essential in this role.
The Assistant Manager will oversee team schedules, identify areas of development for team members, and review client work -- as well as be a constant contributor to the client’s on-going deliverables. This position would be responsible for managing team work as well as performing analysis of video content in order to identify and report on current trends, both on our client’s platform and across various social media platforms.
We are a fast-growing Content Curation and Marketing Agency made up of pop-culture fanatics whose obsessions and skills are as varied as their locations and backgrounds. As we’ve grown, it’s become a priority to maintain a sense of community and culture. As a member of the 1021 Creative team, we would be looking to you to continue to foster our culture initiatives, which center around empathy, collaboration, work/life balance, diversity, and inclusion.
About 1021 Creative:
Our team is comprised of compassionate artists, DJs, writers, musicians, and collectors. But our approach to curation and content marketing values technology and metadata as much as taste and talent. We balance art with algorithms and use real-world data to create experiences that build trust, build revenues, and build brands. With more than 80 pop-culture obsessives working in 15 different countries, our services include editorial curation, product development, social media, and consulting.
- At the onset, identifying where the client’s product can improve and working with the client and 1021 Creative teams to set up content review and reporting infrastructure
- Daily, weekly and monthly reporting on video trends and memes, both on the client’s platform and on other social media platforms
- Special research assignments as needed
- Point of contact for client requests and distribution of assignments to team, along with allocation of work for oneself
- In collaboration with the Manager, Content Strategy for Australia/Japan and the Managing Director, Content Strategy - APAC, manage and update project related guidelines and process documents
- Lead internal and external project related meetings and manage/update agendas
- Perform weekly one-on-one meetings with project team members
- Monitor and review team schedules and approve timesheets
- Assist with recruitment of new team members, including updating assessments and interviewing candidates
- Lead project related training sessions in collaboration with Editorial team
- Field any new project work requests from client and submit for approval through appropriate channels within 1021 Creative
- Apply a keen awareness of the cultural and political climate within Japan to all of the work
- Participate in the growth and continuation of 1021’s culture, both within 1021 Creative and with its clients
- Special Projects as needed
What we’re looking for:
- A creative, curious, and empathetic human with
- Experience leading projects & teams
- Comfort in fast-paced environments where tasks and guidelines can change quickly
- Journalistic/Editorial background
- Fluency both verbally and written in English and Japanese
- Strong cultural expertise in Japan
- Strong familiarity with memes, hit songs and content trends in Pop Culture: Music, Gaming, Film, and TV
- Deep familiarity with popular social media platforms: TikTok, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Clubhouse, etc.
- Ability to work in Google Suite
- Experience in content curation
- Comfort working with data and statistical analysis
- Full-time, salaried
- Pay commensurate with experience
- Full-Time employment
- 16 Public Holidays
- 15 Days Paid Annual Leave
- Employee Pension Insurance
- Any location in Japan
Last modified on June 18, 2021
The above information is a public job ad. This job ad is neither an offer nor a contract.
© 2023 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.
GaijinPot and CareerEngine are trademarks of GPlusMedia Inc. and part of the Gakken Group.